The Butler that Butles

Chapter 2

Nicky hummed as her plate of pancakes, bacon, and hashbrowns was placed in front of her, A parfait being placed in front of Codi.

"Thanks, Wilmur."

"Anything for you, Blondie." Wilmur winked before heading back into the kitchen, Nicky picking up her fork and moving to dig into her meal. Codi looked at her own meal, picking up her spoon and about to scoop up a bite when the blonde spoke up.

"Where you from?"

"Oh, um, Blackpool."

"The hell's a black pool?"

"Y-You know, the town?" An arched brow made Codi sigh while lifting her spoon towards her mouth.

"It's in England. I'm British." She mumbled before eating her spoonful, Nicky tearing into a piece of bacon.

"Yeah? Where's that accent we Americans are so fond of?"

"I got the shallow end of that gene pool. Only comes out with certain words."

"Shame. Would've liked to hear a real accent."

"You've heard fake ones?"

"Yeah, my friend does an absolutely terrible cockney one." The blonde chuckled, finishing off another strip of bacon while leaning back against the booth. Codi grinning softly.

"I'd bet. A true cockney would make sure that you'd just barely understand them."

"Good to know."

"Where're you from then?"

"Would you believe me if I said I'm japanese?" Nicky smirked, her smirk widening when Codi's spoon stopped midway to her mouth. Hazel eyes taking in her distinct non-japanese attributes before shrugging slightly.

"Yes?"

"Just fuckin' with you, Blackpool. I'm as white as they come. El Paso, Texas."

"Oh! You're Texan?"

"As much as you are a disaster."

"Very texan then." Codi mumbled around her spoon, Nicky letting out a soft huff as she easily devoured a pancake.

"How old are you?"

"24."

"Seriously?"

"What?" Codi questioned softly, Nicky blinking at her.

"You can't be 24."

"I was that age last I remember?" The brunette spoke again, and blinked when the woman opposite of her crossed her arms and leaned against the table.

"I expected you to be 30 or something, what with you being Kai Judis, if that's actually true."

"Why? Do I look like I'm 30?" Codi questioned, her hand moving to grab the skin of her neck and touched the corner of her eyes.

"No, just...You know well accomplished Authors tend to be in their 30s or 40s, shit even 50s."

"Oh, that's why? Well, The first Silver Queen book got published when I was 19? I probably was 20. Not sure which but it was one of those ages."

"How?"

"My cousin helped me out. I was too scared of being rejected so she went behind my back and sent it to my current publisher. She had 'faith in me', she said."

"Huh. Seems like a pretty awesome cousin." Nicky sighed, leaning back once more before tilting her head when a genuine smile took over Codi's face.