The Awesome Cousin enters the Fight! (imagine Smash Bros. Music)

Chapter 6

"Codi. Codi! What's gotten into you?" Nicky questioned after she caught up to the brunette, clutching her wrist and forcing the shorter girl to stop. She panted slightly before moving to stand in front of Codi, her hands going to clutch the girl's shoulders while Codi avoided her gaze.

"You gonna say something?"

"I-I never would've-..." Codi whispered before cutting herself off and tried to shrug Nicky off, her hands going to cover her eyes. The heels of her palms pressing against them as Nicky looked around and dragged her to the entrance of a narrow street, cigarette buds littering the entire ground.

"What's wrong?"

"Damn bastards, they are. All of them." Codi whispered, Nicky pulling her into a loose hug. The blonde's arms wrapped loosely around her shoulders as Codi's hands clenched the taller's shirt tightly.

The both of them stayed like that for a few moments, Nicky sneering at whoever looked at them and making the passerby scurry away, until Codi sniffled once more before lightly pulling away in order to lean against the brick building behind her.

"S-Sorry. Didn't mean to cry on you." The brunette mumbled as she wiped her eyes, Nicky shrugging as she shoved her hands into her pants pockets.

"Don't worry about it...Oh, here." She hummed, pulling out some eyedrops from her pant pocket and offering it to the shorter girl. Codi blinked but took the offered item nonetheless.

"Cadillac told me about your dry eye and that you forget your drops."

"'Course, he did. Even when he isn't here, he's taking care of me." Codi chuckled, using her drops and blinked rapidly as Nicky took the drops back. She put them back in her pocket while the brunette lightly smacked at her face.

"Got a mighty fine butler in Cadillac."

"Tell me about it...Only good thing to come out of my family, besides Win."

"He's related to you?"

"No, but he's acted more like my father than my father has. Silus has been with me since I was born."

"He worked for your family?" Codi nodded, Nicky pursing her lips slightly in thought.

"What's he doing all the way in America than?"

"I pay him better." The brunette grinned softly, Nicky letting out a huff as she leaned her head back.

"'Course you do."

The two fell into a calm silence, Codi's arms wrapping around herself as she watched the people on the sidewalk pass them by without a second glance. She took in the sounds of cars honking and racing down the street and pedestrians that were talking on their phones before she spoke once more, Nicky looking towards her.

"I never would've came if I'd known who Lucas was marrying."

"How come? Is Nel your high-school bully or something?"

"She was my girlfriend."
< >

"Why the fuck is she marrying your brother?"

"Hell if I know. " Codi tsked, taking a sip from her long island. Nicky running a hand through her hair in astonishment before drinking from her Irish car bomb, the blonde looking at the woman they were talking about. Nel laughed at something Lucas had said while leaning against his arm, Dallas and Dax sitting opposite of the couple.

"How the fuck did this happen?" Codi shrugged while taking a longer sip and rested her chin in her hand, her eyes going to the other guests that had filled the hotel's restaurant. The both of them were sitting at the table farthest from the brunette's family and happily enjoyed the seclusion.