Understanding is difficult. But beautiful when Tried.

Chapter 44

Codi grumbled softly as she awoke to the smell of freshly-brewed coffee. Her pupils dilated as her eyes adjusted to the morning light that lit up the apartment's living room. She lifted her upper body up from the sofa before stretching her arms over her head with a soft huff.

"Mornin'." Nicky greeted as she walked from the apartment's small kitchen and back into the living room, a steaming mug of coffee held in each hand.

"Good Morning." Codi greeted back while Nicky sat down on the coffee table, handing the brunette the mug in her right hand. She took it and looped her hand around the cup and through the handle when a cold draft made her shiver.

"Want some clothes?" Nicky asked with a soft laugh, taking a gulp of her coffee. It having only cream compared to Codi's near disgustingly-sweet black.

Codi looked down only to see that she was naked. Nearly every part of exposed skin she could see being marked with love bites.

"Geez, Nicky. I look as if I got mauled." Codi huffed as she brought the throw blanket that pooled around her waist, up in order to preserve a bit of modesty. Nicky giving her a shrug as they both sipped at their drinks.

"I'm a biter. Sue me." The brunette shook her head with a soft sigh.

The two stirred in the calm quiet as they finished up their coffees, Codi's gaze snapping upward at the ceiling when a thunderclap had cut through the silence.

"It's gonna hail." Nicky grumbled while placing her mug beside her on the table. She hunched down a bit in order to scoop up Codi's pants from the night before and offered them to her.

"Seems like it." Codi murmured as she took the pants, Nicky taking her empty mug in return and placed it next to hers.

"...Do you mind if I ask you something?"

Nicky looked back to the Brit, leaning forward a bit in order to rest her elbows against her knees.

"Shoot."

"How come...You didn't let me touch you last night. You focused on me the whole time. And well, I appreciate it but-"

"Why didn't I let you return the favor?" Nicky finished for her. Codi bit her lip before nodding.

"I don't like receiving, for lack of a better term." Nicky explained. Her voice was neutral was she spoke, her gaze flicking up from where it had been on the floor to Codi. She was silent as she waited for the blonde to continue.

Her gaze was calm. Soft hazel eyes looking at her as she listened.

It was kinda strange for Nicky to see. Everytime this had come up with her exes, they looked at her as if she was a genetic experiment that had escaped the lab.

Reneè had laughed in her face when she had explained it to her. Had said it was only because Nicky hadn't had a 'proper' orgasm before trying to shove her hand down Nicky's pants. Daniela had simply given her a look of pity before all but ghosting her the next fuckin' day.

And Eisuke...Ugh.

The fucker called her a freak straight to her face before kicking her out of his apartment...Aiko did warn Nicky that Eisuke seemed like a prick.

She really should'a listened to her Ma then, but she was in her little 'fuck everyone' phase of life at the time.

Though she can still remember how he cried like a child when she had broken his nose in retribution. That was nice.

...Her exes never even tried to understand her. They had never looked at her the way Codi was. Calm. Attentive.

Gentle.

"Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sex and romance. I really do. It's just that when it actually comes to the sex part, I'd rather give then receive."

"Was it because of a bad experience or?"

"No. No. Nothing like that. I've always been like this. I enjoy getting you off, just not me getting off. Just how I'm wired, ya know?"

"I see." Codi hummed as she scooted forward to the edge of the couch. Nicky straightened her back from her slouch as their knees touched, one of Codi's arm reaching out in order to clasp her hand against the back of the blonde's neck before pulling her forward for a kiss.

"Thank you." Codi murmured against her lips. Nicky pulling her head back slightly.

"For what?"

"For telling me."

"...Thanks."

"For what?"

"For Understanding."