Where have you been~? Been searching along~

Chapter 50

"Private School?" Kenzie questioned. Jacob giving her a nod as he stirred up his shrimp fried rice on the right of her, Seth stuffing a whole crab rangoon into his mouth on the broken recliner to the left of the couch.

Jeopardy was playing at a low volume on the TV.

"It's called Hale Academy. It's pretty close to where Codi lives." He offered before taking a bite of his food, Kenzie looking down at her own box of special fried rice.

"It seems like a good idea, Kenz. What is Rwanda!" Seth spoke around a mouthful of rangoon while pointing at the TV with his chopsticks.

Kenzie stirred her rice as the TV continued to play lowly, her gaze going to her cast. The teal outer-wrapping was bright against the inner white, her fingers only giving a slight twitch when she tried to wiggle them.

"Wouldn't it cost alot though? My meds are already doing a number on your bank ac-" She started only for Jacob to poke her temple with the tip of his middle finger.

"You're fourteen. The only thing you need to worry about is your grades." He interrupted, Kenzie's lips pursing slightly.

"But-"

"No buts. You're a kid, Kenzie. Act like one." Seth spoke this time, light brown meeting amber. Kenzie let out a quiet grumble as she lifted a spoonful of rice to her mouth.

"...Hale Academy, right?" She asked after swallowing down her mouthful, Jacob nodding as he got up from the couch and headed to his coat that rested on the table by the door. He held his chopsticks between his teeth as his free hand dug into his coat's pockets and pulled out a brochure before heading back to the couch.

"Here." He handed it to Kenzie, the girl holding her spoon between her lips as she opened up the little pamphlet.

The two brothers watched the TV in silence as their baby sister looked at the pamphlet.

The spoon between her lips bobbing up and down as she read.

< >

"I got an idea for ya." Nicky spoke as Codi straddled her lap, settling her hands on the brunette's hips as Codi's settled on her shoulders. The blonde slowly eased her hands upward and under Codi's shirt, moving her right hand in order to gently scrap her nails down the quivering abdomen.

"Yeah? For what?"

"A book or novella or whatever. I don't know how that shit works."

"Tell me." Codi hummed as she leaned back in order to pull Nicky's shirt up and over her head before doing the same herself. Nicky's hand moving up her spine and easily unhooked her bra.

"Romeo and Juliet."

"I think that's been done already, Nicky." Codi chuckled lightly as Nicky slid the bra off her and tossed it to the left of the room before her hands cupped the brunette's breasts.

"But gay."

"Done already. Quite well too." Codi countered as Nicky laid her back on the bed, her nipples hardening beneath the blonde's palms.

"And one of them's a Vampire." Nicky finished, mouthing against the side of Codi's neck before grabbing a piece of skin between her teeth and slightly tightening her hold. Codi's hands tangled into Nicky's hair, tugging lightly and was bit harder in return.

"Intriguing. A novella seems best for it." Codi finished as Nicky began to drag her pants down, the brunette letting out a huff-like laugh when Nicky placed her teeth on her calf as it rested atop the blonde's shoulder.

"I expect half the royalties when it becomes a best seller." The blonde joked as she placed Codi's legs back onto the bed in order to spread them apart and settle between them.

Codi laughed with it quickly turning into a moan as Nicky lowered her head down between her legs.

< >

"Sea-salt ice cream?" Win questioned as she looked at the video-game inspired Bistro's menu. Kai let out a chuckle as she shoved her hands into her coat's pockets as she rocked on the balls of her feet.

"It sounds weird but it's pretty good to be honest. The butterscotch cinnamon pie too." Kai offered in return, Win letting out an intrigued hum as she tapped her foot.

Her eyes continued to roam over the deserts menu before they widened and she released an excited gasp. She gently clasped her hand around Kai's forearm and leaned into the blonde, Kai turning her head as she grinned at the Brit.

"What?"

"We have to get the Portal Cake!"

"Seriously, Winnie-chan? It's just a chocolate cake with cherries."

"Just a chocolate cake? Just a chocolate cake?" Win questioned dramatically as she lightly shook the blonde's forearm.

"It's THE Portal Cake, you bloody blonde! So we must!"

"Fine, Fine! We'll get the dang cake." Kai sighed with a grin, it widening when Win had kissed her cheek. Her lips seemed to linger before she pulled back and tapped her nose against Kai's.

"Don't worry, we'll get the pie too~."

< >

Silus took a deep breath of the cold air. His head tilted back as his eyes opened to stare up at the moon.

It was in its half-moon phase.

Its luster bright around the clear dark sky as a light sprinkle of snow fell around him and the backyard. He stuffed his gloved hands into his coats pockets as he re-closed his eyes and enjoyed the snow as it fell onto his face and melted into his skin.

He released a breath, it misting in the air, as he smiled softly.

He always loved the winter season.

A trait that he was happy Codi and he shared.

He should make a snowman with her again.