Silent Wrath is much worse than Explosive Fury

Chapter 18

The soft chiming of a phone's generic ring tone startled Codi awake, the disorientated brunette looking around her room for a moment before she saw her phone on her bedside dresser. She snatched at it with a huff, answering the call and placed the rectangular device against her ear.

"Hello?" She grumbled, laying her head back onto her pillow as the person on the other line adjusted their own phone against the side of their face.

"Is this C******* Edwards?" The voice questioned, Codi's lips pursing slightly at the sound of her birth name.

"This is she."

"Well, miss Edwards I'm calling for Winnington Baker from Victoria Hospital." The person spoke, the words making Codi shoot up from her bed and clutch the phone closer to her ear as her heart began to pump faster.

"Hospital, what happened?" Codi questioned hurriedly as she held the phone between her ear and shoulder. She haphazardly tugged the closest hoodie on, her eyes searching for a pair of shoes.

"Fuck it." She mumbled to herself as she slipped her sock covered feet into a pair of Nike slides and all but rushed out her room and down the stairs.

"She seems to have been attacked...quite brutally to be honest. She's being taken into emergency surgery now. And well, to be honest with you, the Doctors don't seem to think she'll make it." The voice answered with a rather empathetic tone. Codi's heart seemed to have stopped its nervous pounding for a moment before it resumed its thumping even faster.

She clapped her hand over the lower part of her phone so as not to deafen the Hospital worker on the other line. Her usual soft and near quiet voice turning thunderous and nearly waking everyone within hearing range.

"Silus, get the bloody car!! NOW!"
< >
"You should sit down for a moment, Master Codi."

"No." Codi growled as she continued to pace in the hospital's waiting room, Silus sitting down in one of the seats and linked his fingers together while resting his elbows against his knees.

The two continued to wait for anyone to give them an update on Win, the only sound between them being the slap of Codi's sandals as she paced.

"I'm going to bloody murder whoever did this to her."

"By stabbing or Gun-shot, Master Codi? I can give you a couple of recommendations for either."

"No, no, oh-ho-oh No Silus. This bastard doesn't deserve such a mercy. I'm going to do what they did to Win and beat them to a fucking inch of their life!" She exclaimed, her pacing stopping for a moment only to slam the side of her fist against the wall closest to her.

"Hm...Well then, I know a guy that sells knuckledusters under the counter.  He'll be willing to toss them in the Irish sea once you're done as well."

"Perfect. I want one that will fucking hurt. "

"Of course, Master Codi. I'll contact him after we see Miss Win." Silus finished as his eyes took sight of a doctor walking into the waiting room.

"C******* Edwards?"

"How's Win? Can I see her?" Codi questioned rapidly when she took notice of the doctor. The man let out a drained sigh as he lowered his mask to hang around his neck.