Shit just keeps gettin' better

Chapter 5

"Wakey, wakey, walking disaster~." Nicky singed as she shut their hotel room door, two pizza boxes being held on her fingertips. She dropped them on the table and walked towards the window, pushing open the curtains and letting sunlight in.

She turned to Codi to see the brunette wincing at the sudden light before letting out a whimper and bringing the covers over her as she curled in on herself. The blonde finding the action cute before grabbing the covers and shoving them off the younger woman and off the bed.

"Come on, Nicky. Let me sleep." Codi whined softly, the blonde rolling her eyes before moving to place her arms underneath the sleepy woman and picking her up bridal-style. The brunette letting out a squeak of surprise while wrapping her arms around Nicky's neck, the older woman easily carrying her towards the food and sofa.

"Awake now?"

"Yes..."

"Good." Nicky grumbled, dropping Codi on the sofa and opening one of the pizza boxes. Codi huffed at her when her eyes took sight of the hawaiian pizza slice now in the older woman's hands.

"You were serious?"

"Yes. I ain't gonna have the same opinions as that 'family' of yours." The blonde huffed before swiftly biting into the pizza and chewing, her eyes taking notice of the excitement on the brunette's face.

"So?" Codi whispered, Nicky swallowing before taking another bite being her answer.
< >
"Can't believe this. A woman!" Dallas huffed, her husband simply turning to another page of his newspaper while Lucas typed rapidly on his phone.

"There, there, dear." Dax spoke distractedly, his wife glaring at him. The man simply turning to another page.

"Can't you take this seriously? I mean how could she do this? Bringing that 'Natalie' girl here. The whole family's going to be at the wedding. What will they think?"

"Her name's Nicky, mother. And to be honest, I'm just more shocked Codi actually got a girlfriend. Didn't think she had the stones to do it!" Lucas laughed as he placed his phone to the side, a waiter coming to refill their water glasses.

"Don't encourage such debauchery."

"Ah, come on Mum. Codi's finally found someone that likes her, can't you be a little excited about that?" Her son questioned before grabbing his glass and taking a hearty gulp from it.

"Not if that someone is a woman."

"Come on, pops. Talk some sense into your wife, huh?"

"Listen to your mother, Lucas."

"Ya know, I'm startin' to understand why Codi doesn't bloody talk to us anymore." He grumbled and took another gulp, his words gaining both of his parents' attention. They looked to one another before Dallas looked away with a tsk, Dax moving to look back at his paper when he noticed his daughter and her 'friend' entering the restaurant.

"Sorry, we're late. Nicky almost got run over."

"Not my fault, damn moped should've stayed on the street instead of driving on the fucking sidewalk." Nicky tsked as she pulled Codi's chair back, letting the brunette sit down before taking the spot to her left. Codi pushed her chair in a bit as she patted the blonde's arm.

"Still you didn't need to pull him off his bike."

"I know you Brits are known for being polite and all, but the guy deserved it."

"Well...You're not wrong." Codi sighed, Nicky grinning as she put an arm over the brunette's shoulders and leaned closer to read the menu that Codi had been offered. She looked over the menu's edge to see Dallas's nose scrunching up in distaste.