Silus, Iris, Winnington, and Texas

Chapter 29

Win looked from where Orange and Russet were sleeping against her legs to the door when it opened. Hazel locked onto tired brown as Codi walked into the hotel room, Nicky close behind. The two kittens awoke at the sudden click of the door closing, Russet releasing a happy mew and stretched before trotting towards Codi, her tail high in the air.

Codi's gaze went from her unusually quiet cousin to the red kitten, a soft grin on her face as she crouched down in order to scratch the underside of Russet's chin.

Nicky shrugged off her jacket, hanging it on the coat rack before walking towards the bathroom.

"Gonna shower. Leave you two alone." The blonde explained and shut the door behind her. Orange released a soft grumble before nuzzling back against Win's thigh.

The two stayed in silence, the sound of the shower starting up, when Russet released another mew and nuzzled her head against Codi's palm.

"Why didn't you tell me Dallas hit you?"

"It never came up."

"Cut the shite, Campbell Edwards." Win all but snarled, Codi's gaze locking back onto her cousin's.

"Why."

"...I felt no need."

"She hit you, Codi! No mother, no parent is allowed to do that!"

"I understand, Win. You of all people know that I understand that." Codi murmured, Win's teeth only clenching tighter.

"Than why didn't you tell me?"

"Because a slap is nothing compared to what Dalia did to you."

Win opened her mouth only for Codi to raise her hand. Russet softly licked at the other one.

"It's not just the physical abuse, Win. It's different...Dalia may not of been the best but she had always been there for you. Dallas and Dax...They didn't bother with me. Lucas was their golden child. Not me."

"So when I found out that Dalia was the one to harm you so. The one that hurt you so much that you were in a bloody coma, I was shocked."

"She treated you like her child. She loved you. She tried. She came home to you and asked how you were. Sung happy birthday to you even though she hated it. Even bought you a bloody Flamingo farm when you said they were your favorite animal." Codi sighed, Win's gaze dropping to the carpet as her vision grew blurry. The white-haired woman's hand going to Orange and gently stroked his fur for comfort.

"You were her daughter, Win."

"I was shocked because I couldn't believe, couldn't understand how she would do all these things for you. How she loved you and yet...she brutalized you because of something out of your control."

Win swallowed harshly against the lump in her throat as a rumbling purr began to make Orange's body vibrate. She finally lifted her gaze back to lock with Codi's, the brunette looking at her with calmness and acceptance.

"I meant what I said before. I don't believe my parents love me. So I wasn't really shocked when Dallas slapped me. After all, you don't hit someone you love."

"Codi..."

"It's fine. I have Silus and Grandma. But most of all I have you." Codi finished with a calm grin.

Win released a watery chuckle, Orange lifting his head in order to rest it atop of the older woman's thigh. His eyes were squinted as his tail thumped against the bed.

"Don't forget Texas. She really cares for ya too."

"Yeah. she does, doesn't she?"

"Hell yeah. If you two weren't already messing up the bed, I'd be telling you how smitten that American is with you!"

"I told you that we haven't slept with each other." Codi grumbled despite the growing spots of pink on her cheeks. Win laughed at her cousin's flush just as the door to the bathroom opened, a light bellow of steam bursting out along with a blonde who was drying her hair with a fluffy grey towel.

Like a couple of days before, Nicky stood in front of the cousins in only a pair of dark red joggers and grey sports bra. Her toned physique was on display, Win letting out an appreciative hum while Codi rolled her eyes.

"No need to show off, Texas. We already know you're ripped." Win laughed, Nicky letting out a soft snort as she kept the towel over her hair. Her hands stuffed themselves into her pants pockets, the hem riding low on her hips.

"It doesn't hurt to have a reminder, once in a while."

"It hurts when It's reminding me of my lack of sex life! Honestly, baby sister! I know I said don't put out too soon but look it!"

"Will you stop ogling my American and get your bloody own?" Codi grumbled, her entire face was on fire with her ears catching up. Win looked to her and then to Nicky, the blonde at ease despite Win's obvious staring.

She got way worse looks at her job after all. At least it was two good-looking Brits this time instead of some slobbering geezer. Honestly, it was a bit concerning how many old people spent their time in strip clubs.

Must be the all you can eat buffets.

"Maybe I will~. Been wanting to go to Disney World."

"You would voluntarily go to Florida?" Nicky grumbled.

"Eh, why not! Get a nice tan. Some Floridian French Toast. Maybe even find me an American!"

"If a Floridian's what you want then I've got the idiot for you." Nicky spoke lightly, Codi's lips quirking into a small grin as Russet left her in order to twirl around Nicky's legs. The blonde looked down at the kitten, green meeting bright blue before Russet was swallowed up by a fluffy grey towel.

The cat released a yowl of irritation as she scurried out from under the towel. She shook her head once she had escaped and glared at the perpetrator before batting at the cloth with a weak hiss.

"You can come with us if you're serious about visiting America. I don't live in Florida but I think we have a Six flags."

"Hersheypark is way better than that." Nicky countered as Russet began to bite at the towel, Orange lifting his head for a moment to watch his sister.

"...Ya wouldn't mind? Cause I could really go for a getaway right now."

"Of course. Silus would love to see you again."

The cousins grinned to each other as Nicky carefully crouched down and grabbed an edge of the towel. Russet remained oblivious to the human until Nicky lifted the towel up in order to drape it back over the kitten.

Russet's outraged yowls echoed alongside Win and Codi's laughter.