Are we finally Getting Somewhere?....Maybe!

Chapter 27

"Here." Nicky spoke, Codi looking up from her spot sitting on a bench to see a light-grey parka held out towards her. The blonde was wearing a dark-blue utility jacket as soft speckles of snow landed atop of her head.

"Thanks." Codi murmured and stuffed herself into the faux-fur lined coat as Nicky sat down beside her. The brunette brought her knees up to her chest, buttoning her coat up to her chin and nuzzled her lower mouth into her collar.

The two of them sat in silence. Nicky tilting her head back and watching as small flecks of snow fell out of the sky. Codi's own gaze watching as cars passed by their little bench, passerby behind them laughing and talking as they enjoyed their little walk through the snowy day.

"Nicorette." Nicky finally spoke up once more, Codi turning to look at her.

"My real name. It's Nicorette."

"...D-Don't you mean 'Nicolette'?" Codi asked, Nicky letting out a sigh as she locked her gaze with Codi's.

"No."

Codi's bottom lip was held between her teeth as her mouth curled into a grin, her shoulders shaking slightly as she kept her laughter held inside. Nicky rolled her eyes as she leaned back on the bench, her hands getting stuffed into her jacket pockets.

"Oh shut up, Campbell." Nicky huffed, Codi's laughter ceasing immediately as a small gasp left her.

"Who told you?!"

"Win." The blonde answered, Codi letting out an irritated groan at the sky.

"God damn it, Win!"

"Come now, Campbell. Your name ain't that bad."

"I'm named after Soup. Soup, Nicky."

"Well, at least your name wasn't a spelling error."

"Are you serious?"

"My birth father was higher than the fucking moon when he signed my birth certificate." Nicky huffed, Codi's legs slipping off the bench and placing her shoes on the pavement as she leaned towards the blonde a bit.

"...You've never spoken of your birth parents."

"They were shitty ones. Druggies." Nicky answered casually. Her right arm moving to rest on the bench behind Codi's back.

"I ain't the orphan who lost amazing parents to a tragic and sudden accident. I'm the one that was ditched at a fire station cause I 'complained about being hungry all the time'." Nicky explained, her left foot resting against her right knee and lightly tapped it against the air.

"Hated fucking everything once those fire fighters took me to an orphanage. I had alotta rage in me. Beat the fuck outta an older boy when he tried taking my food one time."

"Still had that rage when Aiko and Daisuke adopted me. It got me and Kai into a few scuffles my first few months with them."

"Wanna know what they did?"

"What?" Codi asked. Nicky's calm expression finally shifting into something lighter as a grin took over her lips.

"They enrolled Kai and I in karate. It was fun as hell."

"Yeah?" Codi questioned with a soft laugh, Nicky's grin growing wider.

"Hell yeah. Felt like Bruce Lee everytime I broke a board. We became black belts in a year."

"When we head back to America, I'll take you to a class. You'll love it, hopefully." Nicky offered off-handedly. Codi let out a soft noise of surprise at the words.

"Oh."

"What?"

"I...I just thought that when we got back, we would...Well..." Codi trailed off, Nicky's lips pursing slightly before she leaned closer to the brunette. She rested her elbows on her knees as she finished Codi's statement.

"Go our separate ways?"

"Kinda. Yeah."

"...Do you want to go our seperate ways?" Nicky whispered. The both of them huddled close to one another, their shoulders touching. Pine-green locked on with Hazel.

"...Do you?" Codi whispered back in kind.

"No."

"Me neither."

"Good."