Not what I signed up for (but goddamn it I'm getting my money's worth)

Chapter 21
< 1 day left until the Wedding/The Rehearsal >

"It's over, Sister! I have the High ground!"

"You underestimate my power!"

"Ha! Underestimate? Your power is nothing compared to mine! Now! PERISH!!"
~
Orange let out a loud mew as he whacked at his sister's snout, Russet letting out a tiny squeak at her brother's rough housing before hissing at him. She turned on her paws and scampered away, their eyes and ears now open and letting them explore the new area they were in.

Orange quickly followed behind his sister, their scampering looking more like hopping, and abandoned the cozy bed and blanket they had just been relaxing in. Russet let out another mew, telling her brother to knock it off only for Orange to hasten his hops and tried to bat at Russet's tail.

She let out another irritated hiss at her annoying sibling. They were only two weeks old but you would think he would know when to take a hint already. She hurried under the gigantic structure that was at the center of the room they were in, the fuzzy floor rubbing against her belly as she curled her tail towards her body. She turned to face Orange once she managed to get herself under the giant rectangle, Orange letting out a questioning mew as he laid down on the fuzzy floor as well.

His pink nose wiggled as the two Siblings stared at each other. Their eyes were a brilliant blue that all kittens possess for the first few weeks of their life. Orange mewed at Russet, his sister shaking her head and made him let out another mew as his tail swished.

Russet hissed, Orange's ears flicking at the tone before he crawled on his belly. He got closer to his sister, letting only his head get under the rectangle in order to softly lick Russet's own pink nose. She let out a soft rumble at the gesture, Orange giving her another lick and receiving a gentle headbutt in return.

They purred to one another, their tiny bodies vibrating before Russet moved out from under the rectangle. Orange watched as Russet stretched her body, her tail arching straight up for a moment before it began to sway and she batted at one of his ears.

Orange released a happy meow which Russet responded with one of her own before she hopped away. Orange quickly followed suit as they resumed their playing.
< >
Lucas hummed as he unlocked Nel and he's hotel room, his hums turning into soft whistling as he stepped inside.

"Honey, I'm home! Heh, always wanted to say that." He chuckled, tossing his room keycard onto the side table and shut the door as his eyes took in the sight of Nel sitting on a chair by the window.

"You good, lovely lady?" He asked as he draped his covered tux over an armchair before toeing his shoes off and headed to the minibar.

Nel watched as Lucas pulled out a mini water bottle, uncapping it and downing it in a single go. She looked over his profile; taking in his prominent jaw, the slight rise of the bridge of his nose where it had been broken several years ago, the single vein that ran down the side of his throat throbbed slightly.

Lucas tossed the empty bottle into a bin before grabbing another and turning his head to look at his fiancé. His brow furrowed slightly and he rose back to his full height, taking a step towards the silent woman.

"Nel, you good? Ain't getting cold feet on me, are ya?" He chuckled nervously as he got closer. Nel tilted her head back in order to lock their gazes, neutral blue meeting nervous mocha.

"We need to talk."
< >
"Rawrr!" Codi growled playfully at Orange and Russet as she curled her fingers in the air, the two kittens letting out squeaks before Orange jumped into the air in order to scamper away from the human. The brunette grinned at the two little furballs as she watched them scamper on their tiny little legs all over the hotel room.

Nicky observed the three of them from her spot leaning against the desk as they waited for 8 o'clock to come around. She crossed her arms against her chest, her toned arms on display due to her wearing only a black wifebeater.

She tapped her socked foot against the carpet while watching Orange and Russet scurry around, Codi sitting on the floor with her back resting against the back of the couch. Orange's attention quickly went from getting away from the soft human to the intimidating one when he noticed her paw moving up and down.

He stalked towards the moving limb, lowering into a prowl; his little tail swishing low and he shimmied his shoulderblades. His pupils narrowed into slits before he pounced with a roar.

Nicky looked down at Orange when she heard a high-pitched squeak before she felt a fluffball land against her foot. Her brow arched as the kitten gnawed on her clothed toes with his toothless gums, Codi letting out a soft chuckle at the scene.

"After all I've done for you, this is how you repay me? With betrayal?" Nicky questioned the kitten, Orange not bothering to listen as he continued his attack.

"Don't worry. He's just in his rebellious stage. He'll grow out of it." Codi explained, bits of her accent coming out and made Nicky look from Orange to her. The brunette's own gaze moved from Orange to Russet when the girl kitten came back and started to curiously bat at Codi's own clothed feet.

"Say Missile."

"Why?"

"Humor me."

"Missile." Codi spoke, Nicky giving her a smirk when her theory was proven correct.

"You said Miss-isle."

"That's what you wanted me to say."

"Nah, I wanted you to say Miss-ill. You said, Miss-isle." Nicky explained as she walked towards Codi and sat down in front of her. She crossed her legs, Orange taking it as a sign to hop between them and curling into a tight ball.

Russet crawled up Codi's laid out legs, her tiny claws hooking into the brunette's Heather grey joggers before finally getting to the human's hips and pressed herself against her stomach. She let out a soft purr and shut her eyes as she too curled into a ball.

"That's what I said, you blonde."

"No it ain't. Say miss-ill."

"Missile."

"Miss-ill."

"Missile!" Codi growled, Nicky letting out a soft snort as her shoulders shook lightly. The brunette glared at the blonde until she realized what Nicky was doing.

"You're such a wank." Codi huffed, her lips upturned slightly as she looked at the snoozing Russet. She lightly ran her hand down the kitten's back, Russet purring softly.

"A wank you wanna wank."

"...Maybe I do." Codi hummed, Nicky blinking at the words before she grinned softly.