Fucking. Finally. (AKA: I got no Idea how long this shit's gonna be)

Chapter 35

"Why would you rob someone?" Codi questioned as she sat on the floor opposite of the two hand-cuffed men. Nicky sitting beside her and watched as Russet and Orange explored their new home, Orange looking at the two men before swatting at the skinny one's boot.

"Quick cash." The bulky one answered as the skinny one tried to kick the kitten away, a deadly glare from Codi making him still his foot.

"Why not get a job? You know, be responsible adults. Instead of dumbasses." Nicky countered, the skinny one glaring at her.

"Fuck you."

"Your mother must be so proud to have a son like you." Nicky huffed as she rose to her feet and walked toward him, the both of them roughly equal in height. They glared at each other as the man straightened his back to try and make himself taller.

"You wanna go?!" Nicky arched a brow at him before letting out a quiet chuckle. Codi looked to the two of them and then to the bulky one who had closed his eyes in irritation.

"You got some anger issues, toothpick. It really ain't helping your case here."

"Fuck you, blondie!"

"For all that is fucking Holy! Shut up, Seth!!" The bulky one snapped at his partner, Seth flinching slightly at the other's raised voice but closed his mouth nonetheless. His partner released an irritated sigh as he leaned his head back before looking towards Codi.

"Look, we fixed the damn window we broke. Now are you gonna call the cops or not?" He asked Codi, one of the brunette's hands moving to stroke Russet as she kept her gaze locked with the bulky guy's.

"Are you planning to rob someone else if I don't?"

"Probably."

"Why?" She asked, the man blinking at her.

"What?"

"Why? Why rob?"

"...The hell do you care, tiny?"

"Watch it." Nicky grumbled, the bulky one shifting slightly and making his handcuffs rattle.

"Like I said earlier, Quick cash."

"And why do you need quick cash?" She asked, Seth glaring at her.

"Why do you even care, shorty? We tried to rob you."

"That's why I wanna know, Seth. Why do you need money so badly that you had to go and rob someone? You could've gotten hurt or even killed if I let Silus keep his bullets."

"The damn thing wasn't even loaded!?" Seth exclaimed with a jerk of his wrists, Silus arching a brow at him from where he was standing behind Codi.

"Blanks can be just as lethal from close range." He spoke softly, Seth looking away as his partner looked to the Butler and then back to Codi.

"We got a sister. She needs meds."

"She's sick?" The two brothers stayed silent at the question before Seth spoke up.

"It ain't your business what she needs them for." Codi's lips pursed slightly before she rose to her feet. She walked away from them and towards a hallway, disappearing from view.

"We're fucked huh, bro?" Seth questioned, his brother leaning back against the banister.

"Seems like it." He murmured just as Codi returned carrying what seemed to be a toy robot.

"Undo their cuffs, Silus."

"You sure, Master Codi?"

"Yeah, I'm with Cadillac on this one." Nicky backed the man up as Codi stood next to her as she continued to try and seemingly pry the robot in two.