An Offer

Chapter 1

"I can do this. I got this." Codi spook to herself as she stood in front of the Palmtop Queen, the bouncer eyeing her with a raised brow.

"I got this. Damn it, Codi just walk through the damn door!" She groaned, her head tilting back as her fingers dug into her hair.

"First time?" The Bouncer finally spoke up, Codi jumping at the sudden and low baritone voice before she looked towards him. His dark brown eyes locked with her hazel and he released a soft grunt when she nodded meekly.

"Need a push?"

"It'd be appreciated." She answered, the tall and muscular man nodding before moving to be beside the shorter brunette. He placed a hand on her shoulder, walking the anxious girl to the threshold and patted her shoulder before pushing the center of her upper back and propelling her into the strip club.

"Thank you!" Codi called out after she regained her footing. The bouncer's responding grunt was drowned out once he shut the entrance door, bad EDM music making her wince as she shuffled deeper into the club.

"I didn't think this place would be packed on a Tuesday afternoon." The brunette spoke to herself after seeing the dozen or so men watching a redhead in a navy blue thong and similar colored lace bra slide upside down the pole at the center of the main room. She moved to the side when a waitress got close and continued to look for a secluded spot in a nice, dark corner when her brow furrowed.

"Was she not wearing a bra?" She mumbled, turning back towards the waitress to see that she indeed wasn't wearing a bra or any other upper body clothing. Codi's brow furrowed even deeper when the dim neon lights reflected off the woman's breasts.

Are those...those are...

Codi quickly turned back around and scurried towards her chosen secluded area when she realized just what those were.

"Nipple piercings! What the hell am I doing here?!" She exclaimed quietly to herself, her hands digging back into her hair and messing it up even more. As she continued to mumble and second-guess herself, the waitress began walking towards her.

"You goddamn idiot. What're you doing in a strip club, you couldn't even get through the door without help! You can't even talk to the barista at starbucks let alone a damn stripper. You stupid anxiety-riddled idiot." She grumbled, her leg shaking erradically under the table as the waitress finally stood beside her and cleared her throat. The brunette jumped at the sound, the waitress arching a brow at the woman's jumpiness before moving to rest two fingers under Codi's chin and tilted it up slightly.

"You look like you need a drink. Anything you'd like, darling?"

"I-I have no preference."

"So rare when I get to choose." She hummed, Codi gulping as the platinum-blonde ran her thumb over her lower lip.

"You look like a sweets type. You wait right here and I'll be back." She chuckled as she tapped Codi's lips twice before pulling away and headed back towards the bar. Codi released the breath she didn't know she had been holding before letting out a weak and slightly crazed chuckle.

"Such a bad idea. Such a bad idea."
< >
"And why should I give a damn about this customer?"

Kai rolled her eyes at her friend's attitude before lightly smacking the top of Nicky's head with her tray. Her fellow blonde glared at her and simply earned another smack in return.

"Because the poor girl's an anxious mess and might die from a panic attack if someone even sits in her lap."

"So?"