I'm world-building, Damn it. And You will appreciate it!

Chapter 46

"My, my! You're even prettier in person!" Piper spoke from where she was sticking her upper body out of the car's open sunroof. Codi arched a brow curiously up at the grinning brunette while Nicky slipped out of the driver's seat, a redhead also poking out of the sunroof and leaned her forearms against the roof as she looked at Codi.

"So, you're the lady Nicky's all smitten with." The redhead drawled as Nicky stood in front of Codi, taking the cat carrier from her hands and recieved a curious 'mew' from Orange.

"I ain't smitten." Nicky grumbled even as her ears burned a soft red. Codi's eyes widening as she took notice.

Nicky usually kept her hair loose with it typically keeping her ears hidden from view, but today it was tied up in a loose bun and allowed Codi a perfect view of the bright red ears. A couple of stray strands framed the blonde's face as she looked back at Gin and Piper to glare at them.

"You do blush." Codi chuckled, Nicky turning her glare towards her even as her ears became hotter.

"Quiet you. Or I tell them what you and a can of soup have in common." She threatened lightly, Codi's grin widening before she rose onto her tiptoes in order to brush her lips against Nicky's jawline. A low, pleased hum leaving the blonde before it turned into a sigh when Piper laughed and Gin let out a low whistle.

"Come on, Lover-girl. Don't want your girlfriend getting all cold now, do we?" Gin called out before slipping back into the car just as a cold breeze blew past. Codi shivered while Russet let out a mewl of discomfort, Piper motioning them to hurry up with a wave of her hand.

"Come on, Ladies! Before it starts snowing again."

< >

"You like her, huh?" Gin questioned softly as Piper led Codi into the room to the left of the vet clinic. The kittens being held carefully in the brunette's arms. Nicky turning to look at the redhead, watching as her eyes never left the magazine that she was lazily flipping through.

"'Course. Wouldn't be dating her if I didn't."

"Well duh. I'm saying that you like her. Like, like-like her. Dare I say even lo-"

"Don't." Nicky interrupted. Gin's eyes finally moving from her magazine. Her gaze roamed over the blonde's profile as Nicky kept her own gaze on the large built-in pet scale that was opposite of them.

"It ain't love, Gin. I've only known Codi for a month and a half."

"Love has no set time frame, Nic. Love is a weird fucking thing, ya know. Doesn't really care about logic or borders and other shit. Comes outta fucking nowhere too." Gin spoke as she flapped the magazine closed and tossed it on the small table next to her.

"You can be hanging out with your best-friend, watching shitty rom-coms when, Boom. Love-bomb."

"Yeah, you'd know about that. Wouldn't you?" Nicky sighed softly. Gin letting out a humorless laugh as she leaned her head back and stared at the clinic's ceiling.

Gin was a simple woman, that being a pretty large reason that she and Nicky got along well. They didn't need to have pointless banter or fake interest in what's happening in each other's lives. They could just enjoy each other's company in silence, not a single word being exchanged sometimes.

Gin didn't enjoy extravagance, didn't like having her time wasted, and absolutely positively hated being pulled into random shit that she didn't sign up for. The only thing that could ever tempt Gin to do something outta her comfort zone was the promise of sweets.

Bitch had a sweet tooth that would give L Lawliet a run for his money.

Which is why it was such a surprise to Nicky when she found out about Gin falling for Piper.

Crazy, wild, mildly insane Piper. That woman was an enigma to many, especially Nicky. Piper would do shit on a whim, once driving all the way to Las Vegas because a 'psychic' told her she'd have great luck with 'The Cards'. Was almost always late for everything even simple meet-ups. And the woman absolutely fucking loved doing the craziest shit possible.

She had scuba-dived with sharks for God's sake. Fucking Sharks. Now, Nicky knew that Sharks aren't as bad as everyone believes...But still...

It's a fucking shark! They got like a bazillion teeth! Nothing should have that many teeth!

So when Nicky learned that Gin; her friend, the woman that made Nicky seem downright friendly when compared- would follow Piper on her little 'escapades' without the promise/bribe of sweets...Well, there's only one thing that makes a person act outta their comfort zone.

Nicky usually wouldn't care about someone falling all love-sick and would simply give them a 'reassuring' kick in the ass to go for it. But unfortunately for Gin, she had to fall for Piper.

Crazy, wild, mildly-insane, straight as a door Piper.

"Love's a bitch, Nic. For me at least. But the way you and Codi look at each other..." Gin huffed as she shut her eyes.

"God, would I kill for that."