Le Clock and Parliament

Chapter 10
<4 Days until the Wedding>

"It's just a clock."

"Hey, you wanted to see it."

"Why the hell is it even so popular? It's a fuckin' clock."

"It's the most accurate clock." Codi pointed out, Nicky letting out a grumble as they stared up at Big Ben from the sidewalk, the clock striking 12:00 in the afternoon.

"Ain't it supposed to be ringing or something? I thought it does it every hour?"

"It does. It's just getting fixed up right now. The big guy has been through a lot. If they let it keep chiming, it'd make the poor repairmen deaf."

"It's that loud, huh?" Nicky hummed as she pulled out her phone, swiping to the camera app and taking a quick shot of the iconic bell tower. Codi stuffed her hands into her pants back pockets as the blonde stuffed her phone back into her pants.

"Yup."

"Alright. I wanna see Parliament house now."

"...This is Parliament House." Codi explained slowly, Nicky looking at the building for a moment before turning to Codi.

"What?"

"Nicky. Big Ben's linked with Parliament."

"Seriously?" The blonde questioned, Codi letting out a huff and used her hands to gesture towards Parliament House.

"Look! Why would a bloody clock tower need a whole building connected to it?!" She exclaimed, Nicky looking back at the extravagant building before pulling out her phone yet again and tapping furiously on the screen.

Nicky tapped her screen one more time before she settled the phone between the both of them as it began to ring.

"Heyo."

"Kai, did you know that Big Ben and Parliament house are connected?" Nicky spoke, the other end of the line staying silent for a moment before Kai finally spoke up.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah! Fucking crazy, right?"

"How the fuck? Put Tiger on the phone."

"You're on speaker." Nicky pointed out as she kept her gaze on the suddenly captivating landmark.

"Tiger!"

"Hey, Kai."

"Nicky's not fuckin' with me, right? Parliament House and Big Ben are seriously connected?"

"Yes, Kai. They're connected. You can even Google it if you want." Codi sighed, Kai's side of the call getting silent once more before the sudden rapid sound of keyboard tapping was heard.

"Holy shit. Well that's awfully fucking convenient!" Kai laughed, Codi holding the bridge of her nose as Nicky talked to her sister once more.

"Alright, later idiot."

"Bye-Bye, bakayarou!"

Nicky ended the quick call, taking another picture of the landmark before shoving her phone back into her pant pocket.

"You seriously internationally called your sister to tell her Parliament and Big Ben are connected?"

"Yup."

Codi shook her head at the blonde even as a small chuckle left her.

"Crazy Americans."
< >
Nicky dipped a fry into her little paper ketchup cup, Codi scooping up a spoonful of her fried rice. The English-Asian restuarant they were in was quiet as the only other customers inside sat on a table on the other side.