Nicorette Noodle Soup (That's their ship name; No, I do not take critiques)

Chapter 36

Silus shook the snow off his coat before hanging it on the coat rack next to the door, his nose taking in the scent of fresh bacon as he walked further into the house. He entered the kitchen, his brow arching when he caught sight of Win working over the stove as Kai watched the woman with a calm gaze.

"You know, I love a woman that can cook."

"How interesting, so do I~." Win shot back as she turned off the stove and began to place the freshly cooked bacon onto four plates.

"Yeah? You into Asian Food? Cause I make a mean Omurice."

"Isn't that just an omelet?" Win chuckled as she turned to place a filled plate in front of Kai, the blonde looked down at it and then back to the Brit as she gave a crooked grin.

Win quite liked it. Cute.

"It's a rice-stuffed omelet. Ketchup too~."

"Truly a culinary masterpiece~. I hope to taste one someday." Win hummed as she took a piece of bacon off of Kai's plate, the blonde releasing a noise of surprise.

"Miss Win. Miss Kai."

"Silus! Took your new ride out for a spin, eh?" Win questioned after the man made himself known to the both of them. Silus hummed softly as he stepped towards them, his hand going into his vest's inner pocket in order to pull out a thin envelope. He handed it to Kai who held a strip of bacon with her teeth as she took it.

"Waths thise?" Kai spoke around the bacon, crunching half of it off into her mouth and kept holding the other half with her lips, as she flipped the blank envelope over.

"The money for the car. Miss Nicky said you'll give it to your 'Gi-Gi'." He explained as Win offered him a plate, him simply looking at it.

"What? Don't tell me Codes has you on that green diet too?" Win teased the man as he finally took the offered plate.

"No. Just been quite a while since someone else cooked."

"That's cause Codi's shite at it! She's burned ice, you know!"

"You're kidding." Kai spoke only for Win and Silus to look at her with a bland gaze, the blonde's eyebrows rising.

"Oh my God, You're not kidding..."

"Girl's got a heart of gold and can write circles around you but put her in a kitchen and well..."

"The Fire Department will be called." Win finished with a sigh, Silus nodding his head in agreement.

"Unfortunately." He murmured as he moved to sit on the island, Kai offering him the bottle of syrup. Russet lifted herself onto her hind legs, her tiny front paws resting against the side of Silus's dress shoe as she sniffed at the laces. Orange joining his sister in the exploration of the man's shoe.

< >

Nicky released a low groan when sunlight managed to sneak through the curtains and decided the best place to situate itself was on the blonde's face. Her eyes opened slightly to glare at the grey curtains and let out a grumble when slight shifting made her look to the bed's left to see Codi's bedhead sticking out from under a red blanket.

"Mornin'." Nicky hummed, Codi letting out a soft murmur as she turned onto her stomach to look towards the blonde while moving the blanket off her.

Hazel met pine-green before Codi laid her head onto her pillow. Nicky placing a hand underneath her head.

"We didn't sleep together, right?"

"Nah. Just made out is all." She answered.

"Oh, thank god."

"You sure know how to make a lady feel good." Nicky grumbled only for Codi to shove at her shoulder.

"Oh hush. I just don't want to rush is all."

"Well...I mean I already met your parents." Nicky commented as she lifted her upper body off the bed and stretched an arm over her head. She moved to stretch her other arm and not seeing Codi's eyes narrow into a glare before she shoved the blonde's side, Nicky letting out a yelp as the unexpected shove caused her to fall off the bed.

She let out a grunt when her back collided with the oak-wood flooring, a dull thud being heard. She blinked up at the ceiling before Codi came into view, the brunette's hands curled around the edge of the bed as they looked to each other.

"Did you just push me off the bed?"

"...No?" Codi spoke, her lips quirking into a hesitant grin and made Nicky chuckle before she quickly grabbed at the younger's shirt.

"Get over here, you damn brat!" The blonde laughed as she tugged Codi down to the floor as well. The brunette letting out a soft squeal at the sudden action before falling to the floor as well.

"It was an accident, you bloody blonde! Nicky! Nicky, don't you-!!" Codi exclaimed after feeling the blonde's hands trail down her sides before her fingers tensed in preparation.

She scrambled to get away from Nicky only for the sheets around their legs to trap her as the blonde began to tickle her. Codi's hurried protests swiftly turning into breathless laughter as she was tickled.