Reality Check

Chapter 20
< 1 Day until the Wedding/The Rehearsal >

Orange let out a happy 'mew' as Codi scratched at the white patch on his chest with a finger. Tiny purrs and pleased grumbles left him as she moved to scratch under his chin.

"Silus would love you, little guy. He may act all tough but he's a sucker for little furballs."

Orange only let out another 'mew' as he nuzzled under the little blanket that Codi had gotten for him and his sister. Russet let out a low grumble and stretched her paws out, pushing them against Orange's side.

Codi smiled at the two kittens before she grabbed her phone, opening the camera app and taking a picture of the two babies. She sent the pic to Silus, the two checkmarks showing that it was delievered.
< >
Silus looked up from the book he was reading when he heard his phone buzz against the coffee table. He placed his thumb between the book's pages as he reached for his phone.

He opened it with a quick swipe of his thumb (He has no secrets) and tapped on the message notification from Codi. He let out a soft hum at the picture of two baby kittens nuzzled together underneath a bright yellow blanket, one a lovely burnt Orange with the other a soft yet vibrant red.

"Adorable." He smiled softly before he typed out a quick response.

'Shall I prepare one of the spare rooms for them?'
< >
"What do you think? I look pretty daper, ah?" Lucas chuckled as he turned to face his family, Dallas giving him a teary-eyed smile and moved to help correctly do his tie. Dax gave his son a simple nod as he crossed his arms against his chest.

"You've grown up so fast, Lucas."

"Ah, come now Ma. No cryin'." Lucas grinned as he tried to wipe his mother's face. Codi looked at the three with a calm gaze and went to look at her phone when Nicky nudged her lightly.

"I ain't got an outfit." Nicky whispered towards Codi, the brunette blinking at her before letting out a soft groan.

"Me neither."

"We can match then." Nicky grinned and helped the brunette up before they walked deeper into the clothing department, Dax taking notice of them.

"You seem awfully eager."

"I'ma be straight with you, tiger. I just wanna show those two up."

"You do know, that that's the one thing not to do at a wedding?" Codi grinned as they made it to the woman's section.

"You should know by now that I don't tend to follow rules very well."

"Or at all."

"Tough but fair. Now, I'm thinking blue."

"Cliche."

"Tsk. How 'bout red then?"

"Hm, think they have carmine?"

"They fucking better."
< >
"Damn stupid fucking ties." Nicky grumbled as she ended up making her black tie look more like a pretzel. She unknotted the jumbled mess and left it undone around her shoulders before stepping out of the dressing room.

She moved towards the mirror at the end of the dressing room's hallway, adjusting the cuffs of her tux's sleeves before moving to press her collar down as she looked at herself through the mirror.

The blonde let out a soft hum as she looked her outfit over. The feminine tux was a shiny black as it hugged her toned figure, the carmine-red undershirt contrasted kindly with the black when she heard the soft click of another dressing door open.