Happiness is what matters, isn't it?

Chapter 57

"I don't believe you."

"It's true, I just got lucky. I was really only trying to beat Codi's score." Kenzie chuckled weakly as she scratched the back of her head, her ears a soft pink. Zen let out a low 'hmph' as she stared down the taller brunette, her eyes narrowing when Kenzie swallowed harshly.

"...Teach me."

"W-what?" Kenzie stammered out when Zen had gotten close, the tips of their noses nearly touching. A dark blush stained Kenzie's cheeks once more and her eyes widened when Zen had rested her hands on either side of the taller brunette's face and forced her into a slouch.

"You're gonna teach me pac-man so I can beat your bloody score."

"B-But i-it really was just luc-guh!" Kenzie yelped when Zen's hands had moved to grip the older's wrist and all but dragged her to the pac-man machine. Zen moved to press the player-1 button when Kenzie stammered, pale-blue looking up to connect with light brown.

"Do-Don't you want to play too?"

"Pac-Man's a one player." Zen countered, watching as Kenzie's gaze roamed around the game room. The taller brunette's eyes lighting up as she pointed at the arcade machine on the other side of the room. It showcasing Ryu fighting M.Bison as the 'Insert Coin' flashed on the screen.

"Street Fighter isn't. 'Sides, I suck at it. You'll definitely beat me." Kenzie offered, Zen letting out a hum.

"I'm Blanka." She told the taller as she headed towards the Street Fighter II machine. Kenzie nodding her head as she followed behind the shorter girl.

A soft grin growing on the teen's lips.

"Deal."

< >

"I should get going." Nel murmured, pulling away from Gin and leaving the redhead on the velvet chair's arm. The little dry towel in her hand only lightly spotted with the last remains of Nel's blood.

Gin watched as the brunette stood up, hurriedly getting to her own feet to help steady the Brit when she stumbled.

"You ain't going anywhere. You could have a concussion and someone needs to keep you awake." Gin declared, her voice soft but firm. Nel tilted her head down to connect their gazes, blue locking onto light brown.

"You're not gonna let me go, huh?"

"I don't plan on having your death on my conscious." Gin grumbled, Nel's left brow arching slightly. She turned to completely face Gin, the corner of her lips tilted upwards.

They weren't up in a smile but they were no longer a thin line either.

"That's a bit dramatic, don't you think?"

"You tanked a bottle to the head. I'm surprised you didn't fall to the floor then and there." Gin countered lightly, her eyes following the Brit as she walked back to the velvet chair.

"That ain't the first bottle I 'tanked' to the head, Gin." Nel huffed out as she sat back down and pulled her phone out. The redhead moved to settled herself back onto the arm's chair, watching silently as Nel texted someone.

Nel finished up the text and shoved her phone back into her pocket. Gin let out a soft 'hmph' and placed her hand underneath the brunette's chin, her fingers curling softly against her jaw and tilted Nel's head up to look at her pupils.

Light brown connected with blue, Nel's left brow arching as Gin carefully turned her face side to side. The redhead's fingertips leaving a lingering touch against the brunette's skin as Gin pulled her hand away with a hum.