Bricks are sturdy

Chapter 39
< Thursday Night>

Nicky looked up from her phone when she had heard the sound of cheers and hoots. Kai stopped beside her and the two sisters looked towards their co-workers.

"Angel! You're alive!"

"About time your lazy ass came back!"

"Told you she wasn't dead, pay up." Piper spoke to the redhead to her right. Gin letting out a huff as she pulled a 10 dollar bill out of the waistband of her thong before pulling open Piper's robe in order to shove it down.

Nicky arched a brow at the two and walked towards them, settling her hands atop of their heads and leaned down between them.

"You two betted on whether I was a corpse or not?"

"Course, Angel. And I won." Piper chuckled which quickly turned into a wince when Nicky lightly smacked the back of her head as the blonde rose back to her full height.

"Truly you're the greatest friends a woman could ask for." Nicky drawled with a bland tone, Piper letting out a chuckle as she moved to fix her make-up.

"'Bout time you came back, Blanca. I was starting to think you got a better job and ditched me with your shifts." Roxanne hummed as she entered the backroom, pulling several bills out of her garters and waistband. She flattened the ones out in her palm as Nicky walked towards her, grabbing a sheer robe off the rack she passed by, and plucked a stray single dollar bill out of the brunette's bra strap as she offered the robe to her.

"'preciate it, Rox. I know you hate working nights sometimes."

"You're lucky I had some eye-candy." Rox hummed as she slipped the robe on and plucked the single out of Nicky's hand. Nicky let out a soft snort as Roxanne walked to her booth and dropping the small stack on the table as she sat down.

"Just ask Quill out. He likes you too you know."

"Unlike you Blanca, I don't mix business with pleasure." Roxanne commented while looking towards Kai.

"Mind mussing my hair, darling?" She asked, Kai pulling her hands out of her pockets and pushing off the wall she was leaning on in order to head towards the Latina. She dropped her workbag next to Nicky's booth as she moved to stand behind Rox, her hands resting lightly atop of the brunette's head.

"Tactfully slutty or Unashamed Scarlett Woman?"

"Hm...Tact." She answered and let out a quiet chuckle when Kai gave her a wink.

"Woah, woah, woah. What's this about you mixing business with pleasure?" Piper questioned as she stood up from her chair in order to tap her finger twice against Nicky's chest. The blonde arched a brow before smacking her finger away and grabbing the hem of her shirt to slip it off.

"Who do you think she was doing this past week? A customer, that's who." Rox hummed as Kai finished mussing up her hair, reaching backwards in order to pat the blonde's thigh.

"Angel!!" Piper cackled, Gin and several other joining in while Kai stuffed her hands into her jeans pockets. Nicky released a quiet 'tsk' at them while pulling out her 'uniform' from her duffel, Piper moving to lean against the blonde's booth.

"Never expected that outta you, blondie. So who's the lucky fella?" Nicky arched a brow at her.

"Ooh~. Sorry, who's the lucky lady?"

"Mind your business before I stuff your tips down your throat." Nicky grumbled, Piper waving her hand at the lackluster threat before slouching forward a bit in order to look to Kai.

"Kai~, the better of you two. Mind snitching on your darling sister over here?"

"I might-"

"Kai. Damare." Nicky warned, Kai flicking her off.

"-For a price." She told Piper, the brunette pursing her lips.

"5 bucks?"

"Deal!"

"Are you fucking serious, Kai?" Nicky exclaimed, Rox letting out a chuckle as she shook her head at the two sisters.

"Oh please, Sis. Like you wouldn't sell me out for a can of Root beer." Kai countered as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and motioned Piper over.

"I'm so going to fuck up your chances with Win after this." Nicky muttered under her breath as Piper moved to stand beside Kai, their eyes on the phone in the blonde's hand. Rox standing up and moving to look over Kai's shoulder as well.

"Ooo~, she's a cute thing. Didn't expect you to like 'em soft though." Piper hummed as several other girls moved to take a peek at the woman who managed to catch their blasè friend's attention.

"Tell me about it. Thought you would fall in love with some gym rat." Gin backed up.

"Why?" Nicky asked while stretching her arm behind her head, Gin giving her a shrug.

"Bricks work best with Bricks."

The blonde simply stared at the redhead before her gaze went to her sister as Kai placed her phone back into her pocket.

"Ah, don't look offended, Sis. Being a brick could be a good thing!"

"How."

"Well..." Kai trailed off as she thought, Nicky crossing her arms against her chest as she waited. Rox looked between the two sisters before sighing and placed her hand atop of Kai's shoulder as she whispered into the blonde's ear.

"Ah, Bricks are sturdy!"

"...Sturdy? That's the best you could come up with?"

"Yes?" Kai answered, her voice lilting at the end and making Nicky clutch the bridge of her nose.

"You all suck and I hate you."

"Aww. We missed you too, Brick." Piper chuckled only for it to turn into a yelp when Nicky had reached for her and forced her to squeeze herself between Kai and Roxanne in order to get away.

"Get over here, you little-!" Nicky growled as she continued after Piper, Roxanne watching the two chase each other through the small backroom with a sigh.

"Dios, I'm surrounded by children."