Ya like Jazz? Cause I do. Just play a trumpet and my pants are off

Chapter 59

Codi let out a soft noise when she felt something tap against her cheek. She blinked her eyes open, her gaze filled with burnt orange fur when Orange whacked his paw against his owner once more.

A soft mew left the kitten as Codi lifted one of her hands and scratched at the little white patch on Orange's chest. The little fluffball puffing his chest out as he let out a pleased purr, Russet watching as her brother was petted before rising up onto her paws and pushing him aside.

The soft one let out a chuckle while Orange hissed at his sister after he landed on his side. He glared up at the other kitten with big blue eyes, his pupils narrowing into slits when Russet looked at him with a haughty expression as their owner began to scratch at her chest. He settled his paws underneath him, his belly scraping against the satin sheets before he pounced on his sister.

The two kittens tumbled on the bed as Codi watched with a grin, picking her upper body up and resting her hands between her legs when Russet bit and tugged at her brother's ear. Orange yowled, yanking his ear out of Russet's mouth and laid his body out over her belly, the girl kitten craning her head about in order to bite at her brother's neck.

"Looks like they're having fun."

Codi looked up at the new voice to see Nicky leaning against her room's threshold. A batman-themed mug in her left hand and a mug decorated with Sly Cooper's logo in her right.

"They always seem to forget I have two hands." Codi chuckled as Nicky walked towards her, sitting on the edge of the bed and offering the Batman mug to the brunette. She took it with a nod of thanks, letting out a small content hum after taking a sip.

"You make it just like Silus does." Codi complimented as Orange got bored of play-fighting with his sister and padded over to the intimidating one, sniffing at her mug.

"High praise." Nicky murmured as she scratched the underside of Orange's chin, the kitten letting out a couple of pleased rumbles. A pleased rumble of her own leaving her when Codi leaned forward to kiss her cheek.

"You working tonight?"

"Nah. Why?" Nicky questioned, lifting her mug a bit higher when Orange tried to take a sip of her coffee. She carefully settled the boy kitten beside her while Russet hopped towards Codi, a curious mew leaving the girl kitten as she too sniffed at the soft one's mug.

Codi smiled as she petted Russet's tiny head, her ears being carefully pulled back before shooting back up while Codi's hand ran down her back.

"We're going on a date."

"Oh? Where?"

"I'll give you a hint." Codi hummed as she looked back up at Nicky, calm hazel connecting with curious pine-green. The blonde took a gulp of her coffee.

"Hit me."

"My favorite instrument."

"Trumpets? Something with trumpets?" Nicky guessed, the ease of her answer making Codi run the tip of her nose tenderly against the blonde's jawline.

"That's all you're getting from me, darling."

"...No, it ain't." Nicky chuckled, Codi looking to her with an arched brow, and tilted her head down to connect their lips together. A pleased hum left the brunette, her lips curling into a grin as her free hand went from Russet to the side of Nicky's neck.

Nicky's own free hand went from Orange to Codi's hip and pulled her closer as she deepened the kiss. Her lips parted, a surprised yet pleased rumble leaving her when Codi took advantage and slipped her tongue past.