18. The Eyes Tell

August 15, 10:02 A

August 15, 10:02 A.M.

"Boss, can you stop sulking already?" Yoon shakes Dae Ho, the man wrapped in a comforter on the bed like a burrito roll.

"Pandora, how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that," comes a muffled grumble from under the sheets.

"Tch, you still have the energy to complain but not manage the business."

"Leave me alone."

"Alright, alright. I'm leaving." Pandora heaves a sigh standing up and slipping his hands into his pockets with a smirk. "Since you're sending me away, I guess you don't want to hear about the new information I've on Vee."

"What!" Dae Ho's body shoots up, already moving away from the bed to catch the hacker. "Tell me everything!"

"First of all, eww." Yoon takes a step back. "I've been seeing you in this tracksuit for four days and your hair looks like a bird's nest. I want to talk to Park Dae Ho, our alpha-like leader, not some..." He points his hand towards the fighter and moves it up and down. "Not some hobo from the streets." The older walks into the living room and settles on the armchair with a satisfied hum. The living room has a burgundy eight-seater set placed in an L shape, with a large coffee table in front of it and a television stuck to the wall on the other side.

"What does my appearance have to do with the information?" Dae Ho scowls combing his unkempt hair with his fingers and rubbing his face thereafter. He's been living with Shadow since that day, rolled up in blankets on the man's bed. "I'm your boss, you answer to me."

"Didn't you just tell me you're not my boss?" Yoon quips with a glint in his eyes.

"That's differe—"

The main door opens, revealing ChangMin with some grocery bags in both his hands. "Yoon, you're here early."

"Yeah, I think we have a chance to finally get a lead on Vee."

"Is that so?" Shadow joins Dae Ho across from Yoon and puts down the bags by his side.

"There's a party a week from today and I got us two passes for it."

"What do you mean?" Dae Ho leans onto the couch and folds his hands over his chest.

"This party is held thrice every year where they auction information."

"Auction?"

"Yeah, there's this site on the darknet where you request information. I have been sending a request asking for information on Vee for months now. Yesterday, they sent the invitation, meaning the request was accepted. The auction is basically just as items are sold but instead, it's information. But let me warn you, the party has all sorts of dangerous people and the information is going to cost us."