4. A Futile Closure

March 16, 6:03 A

March 16, 6:03 A.M.

He opens his eyes slowly, the light blinding him, vision blurry. The smell of sterile alcohol makes him feel nauseous and dizzy, apart from the pounding sensation in his head. After his eyes adjust to the white light, a face comes into view when he looks to his side. "Great...now I'm hallucinating Kim Haneul's annoying face." Dae Ho rasps, his eyesight still unclear and body aching in the middle.

"Hey! You stupid, rude jerk, you should be honored to be seeing my handsome face the first thing after coming back from the dead!"

'What!' Park Dae Ho's eyes shoot open, his breath hitching at the presence of the ghost of his past standing in front of him. He grits his teeth, composing himself and screwing his eyes shut, trying to recall what happened. One moment he was raiding the drug shipment with his members when he saw the man who made his life a living hell, resulting in losing focus around him. He was about to get a hold of him when a knife from the side punctured his gut. And now stands another person whom Dae Ho had vowed to never meet again.

"What happened to you? Why are you here? Where in the world have you been all these years!" Haneul's voice booms in the hospital room, his tone getting harsher with every question.

Dae Ho pays no heed to his ex-friend's queries, taking slow breaths and keeping his eyes closed. He hears Haneul chuckle, in a tone that is everything but happy. He's not ready and has no explanation to justify his actions. Neither will Haneul want to do anything with quenching his questions when he comes to know what he's become. Perhaps he's trying to save the image of Park Dae Ho that Haneul has always known. A piece of him that he no longer remembers but that is all his former friend knows.

"What, now you're just going to ignore me?" The doctor asks closing in and fisting the fighter's hospital gown by the neck. "Answer the damn question!"

Dae Ho opens and rolls his eyes, slapping Haneul's hands away. "I don't have any obligation to you," he remarks with a clipping tone.

The older man grabs Dae Ho again, almost pulling him up. "I have every right to know," he grits, gulping audibly. "You've no idea how hard it was for me. I—"

"—What do you think you're doing!" A voice thunders from behind, coming and pushing Haneul away. Shadow stands in front of Dae Ho defensively, ready to attack the doctor. "I'll—"

Dae Ho grabs Shadow's wrist, shaking his head. "Ignore him, tell me why is he here?" He questions, eyes silently passing a message.

"You should ask Pandora, he's the one who brought him to treat you. He's waiting outside."

The younger sighs, frowning. "Let's leave, I'll deal with him later."

Haneul watches as the shorter man helps Dae Ho to stand up, propping his arm over his shoulder for support. He had been too worked up before, but now he notices the fighter's appearance. He has longer hair coming up to the apple of his cheeks and a mullet over his neck, the dark circles under his eyes are quite visible with a cut on his eyebrow. He doesn't fail to notice the black flame tattoo peeking from his shoulder up to his collarbone. Even through the hospital gown, he can clearly see Dae Ho hasn't lost his muscle, taut chest, and muscle-wired arms. Haneul is brought back from his thoughts when someone tugs his T-shirt. He looks down to see Soomin rubbing her eyes.