35. The Art of Golden Healing

Dae Ho cracks his eyes open, feeling woozy and his head heavy

Dae Ho cracks his eyes open, feeling woozy and his head heavy. His memories of the past events are disoriented, a hand coming up to block the light that invades his senses. The fighter groans, searching his surroundings, spotting an IV tube connected to the back of his palm. "W-who...Yoon?"

The injured man sits up, wincing at the bruises on his abdomen. He puts one hand on it, the other coming up to rub his face gently, feeling the pain relief patches and the bandages under his tender tips. "Isn't...his flight time already due? Did he not go?" Dae Ho questions himself, removing the sheet covering his body and the IV needle. He grabs his mobile phone to call Yoon, tapping his foot on the floor. "Oh...he wrapped them up too," he sighs and gives a tight smile.

"The number you've dialed is currently switched off." The automated operator announces from the other line.

Dae Ho stands up, the action blurring his vision for a moment but regaining it soon after. He takes in his surroundings, the room that usually suffocated him, feels spacious. The trash that is supposed to be sitting all over the place is nowhere to be seen and clothes are piled in his cloth bin at the corner of the room. It feels like he's in a new place. He walks to the living room, feet shuffling against the floorboards and making a light slapping sound. He stills at the condition of the space. Just like his bedroom, the living room is sparkling clean, all items put to where they belong, with a few lunch boxes placed on the coffee table.

Lastly, Dae Ho looks at the figure sleeping awkwardly on his couch. His head and upper body are covered with a cream blazer. The fighter moves towards him and taps the other's shoulder. "Yoon, why are you here? Isn't Chaeyoung waiting for you?"

The sleeping man shakes and blazer slips off and Dae Ho doubles over, shin crashing into the table behind him when he takes a step back. "H-Haneul?" He then remembers seeing the blue-head vaguely before he passed out, and that it wasn't just his imagination. But why would Haneul be at his apartment? And is he the one who wrapped him in bandages and cleaned his apartment? Dae Ho already has answers to his questions but it still doesn't convince him.

Haneul yawns and rubs his eyes before ruffling his bed hair, droopy eyes glancing at Dae Ho. He puts his head back on the backrest of the sofa but then jolts up. "Dae Ho!" He moves closer to the man to check for any injuries. "Are you alright?"

The worried expression the doctor wears sends an uneasy feeling to Dae Ho's gut. He scrambles away, shaking his head. "Why are you here? Leave!" He recovers from his initial shock, eyes narrowing into slits.

"Yoon told me what happened, don't push yours—"

"It's none of your business! I don't need your pity!" Dae Ho bellows with a hard face. He needs Haneul to leave before the shadow of his doom follows him too. ChangMin is already gone and losing another one for being involved in his life isn't something Dae Ho will allow. And if is by making Haneul resent him, so be it. For a moment he thought things may get better when Haneul let him into his apartment, but it was Dae Ho's wishful desire. The chaos would end only when he takes his last breath. And for some reason, he's made his peace with it.