12. Out from the Shadows

15 July, 9:09 P

15 July, 9:09 P.M.

Dae Ho grips his combat knife and slashes the arm clawing at him, a thread of blood springing in the air. He then kicks the man in his gut and jabs the one behind him with the back of his elbow. The men recoil in pain but the fighter doesn't waste time in landing consecutive roundhouse kicks, the two falling to the ground with a heavy thud.

Dae Ho runs a gloved hand to wipe the sweat and blood decorating his face. "Agh!" he groans when a metal rod strikes his back. He stumbles to his knees but with a swift swing of his hand, his blade plunges into the man's shin. Two hands wrap themselves over the thug's shoulder and chin from behind, Shadow snapping his neck to the side.

"That was the last one," the shorter man says, stretching out a hand to help Dae Ho up. He peers at the scattered injured bodies lying unconscious on the graphite base of the warehouse.

Dae Ho dusts his leather jacket and pants, sliding his blade back into the sheath wrapped around his thigh. "Are you sure we're going to find him in there?" He points at the door on the far left with his chin.

"Positive. I saw him enter the room as soon as we arrived."

"Alright. Let's get some answers. Pandora said this is the gang Vee last was a part of for about six months."

They walk towards the closed door, Dae Ho drawing a pistol from his shoulder holster. He pulls the barrel to load the gun before his hand rests on the doorknob. "You ready?"

Shadow nods slowly, pressing himself to the side of the door, a handgun in each hand.

The younger kicks open the door and is greeted with storming bullets. He takes cover immediately but a pellet grazes his right shoulder. "Damn it!" Dae Ho seethes in irritation. "There's four of them, all armed. Take them out, we only need Kiseon."

"I saw the electric main box near the cupboard. It's at an easy angle for me to shoot," Shadow informs in a whisper and takes his stance. "I need you to cover me."

Dae Ho shows him a thumbs-up and sprints back into the open space, shooting blindly.

"Kill them!" Kiseon yells, hiding behind a wooden desk.

The room blacks out when Shadow shoots the electrical box and it fuses. It takes him no time to take the men out, being used to maneuvering in the dark, an advantage of being a sniper. He dashes towards Kiseon and pulls him up from his crouching state. "It's over for you." He slams the man's head onto the desk and holds him there.

"I have a few questions for you," Dae Ho begins, turning on the flashlight of his mobile phone.

"And you think I'll answer them?"

"Tell me what you know about Vee."

"I ain't answering crap for yo— arghh! I-I'll kill you!" The man cries gritting his teeth when Dae Ho's knife skewers Kiseon's hand to the table.