Chapter 7:Words and tears

"Hele you okay?" Pearl asked me

I didn't understand how to reply. Its been almost 3 weeks I left them and that house. I tried not to think of them and move on as much as possible keeping my pathetic past to rest and build my new future. Everything was going good and now I knew everything would be ruined.

Once I come into their sight, they will not let go the chance to mock me infront of the whole crowd. If that happens and everyone gets to know who I am, I am sure to lose this job. Afterall Viceroys can do anything.

I for sure don't want to lose this job, I don't want to go back to them. I just cannot bear anything anymore.

"Hele. Please. Are you okay. If you want we can leave" Pearls words brought me back to present.

"I don't want to stay here. I need to leave" I mumbled

"Lets go then" Pearl held my hand and got up.

"No. You will stay back. Its an important day for Drake. You both are his close friends. I don't want you to miss cheering him and his family. I will leave. "

"But"

"Bert , Pearl please. It wouldn't be fair if you leave Drake for me. I ...I will manage, I can manage" I got up and started to walk towards exit.

"Where are you going?" I heard the words and stood frozen

"Where and why are you leaving? Sister-In-Law ! " Diana repeated in a mocking tone

"I..I am just leaving for my house" I replied tried to control my anxiety

"Your house. Ohh so you have a house now? How? Are you whoring around? "

"Diana..." I couldn't believe she really was saying this to me.

"what? Am I wrong? How in the hell are you surviving after leaving that house? You have nothing except this body to sell to have a living. So its easy to guess isn't it?"

Tears threatened to come out, but I didn't want to give a satisfaction to her who was putting me down.

"I must leave now" I tried to move but she blocked my way.

"why are you leaving anyway? Does your client for tonight not feel bad if you leave in the middle?" she again mocked making me speechless

"It's ..."

"Its what? Do you really think your presence or absence would make any difference to my family." She taunted

Her every word was piercing my heart in a painful way, I was going totally numb not understanding whether to burst out on her and making a move or stand there listening, so that a scene is not created and then leave from here. As much as I thought of doing the former, somewhere I didn't want to disrupt the event that was running smoothly. That's when I decided to bear it. Because if I make a move she will not even think before raising her voice and draw attention.

"What are you trying to say Diana?"

"You left the house for God sake and Steve your brother -my husband lost a golden opportunity to deal with Dortmund's incurring losses. Thanks to the ungratefulness of you. Father Matthew and Mom Rose are so true about you, you are pathetic and doesn't deserve anything. Such a selfish bitch you are. You can never make anyone happy and above all you can never see anyone happy. Don't know how you are able to live with this guilt. I so wish you were never part of the family. Such a disgrace you are to the Viceroy family." She spoke spitting venom

I closed my eyes and took in every word she spoke and stood without uttering a word. I was waiting for her to continue when my Niece came running towards me hugging me by my thighs.