Chapter-24 : Strength and Weakness!!

Drake POV:

As I reached home, I was feeling anxious about something, I couldn't place my hand on. Parking the car in the garage, I quickly took strides to pull Hele in my arms.

While I was reaching Hele's room, I could hear her speaking to someone, her mobile was on speaker, as I neared her room, I could tell she was speaking to Steve. I didn't want to intrude her privacy, so I turned around

"Hele, Are you sure you want to leave for NY tonight?" Steve asked Hele, making me freeze

"Yes brother. I was never so sure"

"But Hele. What would you"

"I have to lie to him... This is best for both of us..."

"please brother, can you please help me with someone who you know that can find me a room or share a room with me in a week maximum. That's only help I need..."

"I will look out Hele...but .."

I barged into the room like a storm and picked up the call

"Steve, Drake here. I am sorry to interrupt , I need to talk to your sister right now. Can you please give us a minute" I looked at Hele who stood aghast seeing me

"Sure..Drake..Please..."

"Don't worry Steve... " I disconnected the call without listening to him anymore.

"Drake" Hele's voice was almost like a whisper

"

Save it Hele. I don't want to listen to anything else. You decided to leave and have already planned to lie to me for reason I don't know. But if this is want you want...travelling to NY tonight, I will drop you to airport.

Pack your bags Hele. I will be downstairs after bringing the car to the driveway

" I spoke supressing the inner storm which was turning into Tsunami

"Drake"

"No Hele" I shook my head and left from there.

Helena POV:

I took Steve's call and he said that we will be meeting in couple of days. When I asked the matter he explained about Krystle's marriage with Jeff and how he was the only one from the Viceroy family who was being invited. He wanted to spend sometime with me, so he agreed to attend the wedding. I was happy for Krystle and Jeff, but when I didn't speak about anything regarding my meeting with him during the wedding, he right away asked me what was wrong. I contemplated for few minutes to let him know about my decision to travel to NY. Before I could answer Steve asked me to be onhold as he had someone at his cabin for a quick question. I hummed and waited. My initial plan was leaving tomorrow night but with Krystle's wedding being on Wednesday, I thought Drake would want both of us to leave a bit early, can be tomorrow morning too. I didn't want to take any chance, so I decided to leave tonight. As I was on hold, I checked for the flights to NY for tonight and could find one at early hours but I had to reach the airport atleast 4 hours before. Steve was back on line and asked again what was wrong with me, I let him know my decision of travelling to NY tonight. To say he was shocked would be an understatement.

I put my mobile on speaker and started packing my stuff. Steve tried to get to know why I took decision, but I didn't want to bring up Elaina's matter which could hamper his relation with Diana and amid all this Melody would get affected.

He gave up and tried to persuade me, but I made my mind already. I didn't realise Drake had arrived home and never in thoughts thought that he would be listening to the conversation or the parts of conversation.