Chapter - 2 First Step

Helena POV: 

"So how was the class today?'' Pearl made attempt to bring in some conversation with her distressed friend, that's me.

"do you think what I did was right Pearl?''

''No second thoughts babe. You should have done this long ago. Trust me this is second right decision you took, first one is making me your best friend'' she winked

''Yeah yeah'' I smiled.

"On a serious note Hele, I have done a bit of research on Ken and trust me he is not worth you. I don't understand what on earth your parents thought that he is the perfect match for you. More importantly why do they think you need to be controlled? Damn look at you, you are one of the gorgeous girl in town. A height of 5'9'', not an inch of fat , Blue eyes, dimples and that smile to die for, Brown-black long straight hair, no flings or affairs, extraordinary brain and ''

''a pathetic life '' I completed the sentence with a sigh

"Ohh come on cheer up bestie. Hay days are waiting isn't it. As I said for once live a life for yourself, on your own, take the risks, fall in love, no calculation , no plan-B's just live the moment with no regrets''

''Do I have any other choice Pearl?''

''not at the moment'' Pearl changed the gear and slowly brought the car to halt.

We both got down and walked into the apartment , the houses were turned into student rooms. Climbing up the stairs till 3rd floor turning left to house number 306, Pearl skimmed through her bag to bring out the keys and unlocking the door walked straight to her room through the hallway holding hands with me.

"Where's your roommate? '' I asked

"Ohh! she is visiting her parents this week. Will be back next Sunday'' she replied bringing out the night suit for me to change.

"Here, go get freshened up first, you are looking like a mess. Meanwhile I will try preparing dinner''

"Only if you let me cook breakfast and lunch tomorrow" I replied to which she nodded happily

I pulled Pearl into a hug and mouthed thank you while her eyes glistened. I am and will always be thankful that Pearl is my friend, someone who knows and understand me better than anyone else.

"Hele, you know if it wasn't you, I wouldn't have even passed the majors in University. You made me confident and guided me. Despite of your pathetic life, you helped me that day, when I lost my parents in accident and I was almost on road. You just gave all your savings which included the amount your grandma has left for you. Now it's my turn Hele and I am not going to ever think twice doing something for you.''

We both hugged again. After having dinner which included pasta and soup, we watched some movie and half way through the movie, returned to bed. Pearl went to sleep immediately but I couldn't. I am surrounded by thoughts and worries about my future. Few hours later I finally slipped into sleep.

''Pearl wake up, someone is at the door''

''Damn, who the hell is out there to disturb me in the morning''

''Your boyfriend may be''

''Ohh yes! Bert informed me that he would take me out today. But he was going to pick me in the afternoon. What time is it?'' pearl spoke rubbing her eyes

''11:00 AM missy, get the hell out of bed and answer the person''

''what the heck? How can I sleep till this late''

''We can discuss that later, go open the door first '' I yelled

''No, I am going to washroom, I need to pee first. Just answer the person. You know Bert I mean Albert, if he is at door, let him in. If it's anyone else ask them to wait or come back after an hour'' Pearl ran into the washroom to get freshened up shouting instructions at me