Chapter - 14 : New Beginnings !!!

Helena POV:

I informed about my sudden exit in the night college and though they were taken back still they wished me luck. The students thanked me and said that they were going to miss me.

The next day passed by in a blur. Pearl came to help me while I assume Bert went to help Drake. Pearl wanted to stay in the apartment and I couldn't be more than happy for her. The landlord was kind and since he already has a new tenant everything with lease went smooth. I packed my stuff and most of the things I bought for the house I left it for Pearl to use. As promised Mrs. Johnson had asked someone to clean up my villa in Amsterdam and I was informed that Drake had now the keys of the villa with him. I was okay with it because we both were going to share it and we would be reaching there together. Later Pearl and I went to shopping and then had dinner in a nice restaurant and once we came back, we had a movie night.

Pearl was happy for me. She asked me to enjoy my life and take chances even though if risk is involved. I knew what she was trying to imply, but I choose not to speak and just nodded.

"Hele I am serious. You need to enjoy your life"

"I am enjoying Pearl. Why do think I am not?''

"that's because you are not''

"What does enjoyment mean in your terms?''

"Umm..." she started tapping her lips with her index fingers staring towards the roof as if thinking hard. I rolled my eyes as I ate my breakfast.

"Umm yeah. Enjoyment is finding happiness in every thing you do. In your case I know you are happy when you work but after work?"

I looked at her and nodded my head

"Pearl, what do you want to say exactly. You know you need not beat around the bushes"

"Hele I want you to give a chance to Drake. Allow him to take care of you. Allow him to be present in every happiness and pathos in your life."

"Pearl"

"Yes that's me Hele. I know you pretty well. You like him, I can see that in your face. The way you react to every word and action of Drake, the way you yourself asked him to share the villa, you agreeing to work with him..."

"You know why I am sharing the villa, you know why I agreed working with him..." I shook my head "We are not having this discussion Pearl."

"you may try to convince me that you don't like him , but atleast be honest with yourself Hele. As much as I know , that guy likes you way too much that he is ready to take whatever you offer him. He has been crazy for you since the first day of our university. I don't know your reasons to ..."

"reasons to what Pearl? To keep him away....you seriously are saying this. Out of all you ...I cant believe. Don't you know I will be leaving for NY after 5 months then what? If I give a chance he and I will be heartbroken once I move to other fucking continent. I can bear a heartbreak Pearl but I never would want to break his heart for my selfish reasons. So its fair we both keep distance and be friends and nothing more than that."

"Are you fucking serious Hele? You are not willing to take a chance just because you would be moving to NY. How can you be sure he would be willing to give up on your relation if ever formed? How can you make a decision of what he should and shouldn't do? That's the first ever time you are sounding ridiculous. For God sake don't assume and leave what's right infront of you which you like"

Her words made sense, but yet I don't want to risk my heart. I have never experienced love and what if I get it from Drake and cannot return the same way, where will we be? This is not right. This is just...