Chapter -35 : Turn of events!!

Helena POV :

I woke up suddenly and looked at the wall clock. Its almost 10: 00 AM and I remembered I need to rush to bank. The thought of going away hit me bad once again when I realised why I need to go to bank. Without any further delays I went to get freshened up, made a bowl of cereals and picked up my purse and some important files and documents required. Stepping out of the house and locking it behind, I called a cab and left to the bank.

Working with Drake for the De Riveria in the finance department had one advantage , a good relationship with the bank. Normally without prior appointment nothing works, however I knew the bank manager as I had spoken to him many times and when I sent him mail that I would need a favour , he obliged.

In an hour all the formalities were done and I had only few hours with me when I leave this city and this continent forever. I walked slowly towards a park and sat on a bench. I didn't want to think anything or cry . I just want to stare and absorb the surroundings and make myself numb. That's what I exactly did for a couple of hours.

I again took a cab and retuned to my villa and was surprised when I saw Liam sitting on the steps of our porch. More than surprised I was shocked

"Liam"

"Hele. Finally you are here."

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me we are not leaving today."

"Would you relax"

"I cant when you are here , while you were supposed to meet me in the airport in next couple of hours"

"Lets get in and then I will let you know"

I nodded and we both went in.

"Need something to drink?"

"Yes, please and I am starving too" I chuckled

"Want me to order something or cook?"

"You can cook !?"

"Was it a question or statement?"

"Both"

"Fine" I rolled my eyes and replied " I can cook"

"Then I would love to eat some homemade food"

"How about Mac and Cheese and some fries?"

"Perfect exactly what I want now"

"Ok , let me get changed and meanwhile , there's the kitchen and in the kitchen is fridge. Open it and you can find many options to have to something to drink"

"Alcohol too?" he wiggled his brows and was grinning

"Very funny. You know I don't touch alcohol , so Drake made sure he doesn't bring any in the home. There are variety of juices and cola tins. Pick anything you like or better I can make coffee if that's you prefer"

"No juice or cola is fine. Now go and come back to feed me something"

"Fine" I shook my head and went to change. "I can cook for him, cant I. He is taking me to NY in his freaking private jet. This way I would feel less guilty of using him for my personal reasons"

Once I came back I started preparing the food and while doing it " So, why are you here? Not that I am not liking your presence, but I am kind of shocked"

"Fair enough to feel like that. But I had to meet one of my friend and since I am here already and have dealt with him, I thought why not visit you and we both can leave together"

"Ohh. Okay. Is that all?" I asked because I saw him scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.

"Yeah...why?"