Chapter -34 : Emotional outbreak!!

Drake POV:

As soon as Hele sent the text that she would be meeting Steve, Liam and Ann ... I sneaked into our beach house and packed my things as fast as I could. I am not in a position to talk to her, forget talking I am not even in a position to look at her - Not that I did something wrong , mostly because if I look at her my current emotional battle would bring the worst out of me and I might ask her to stay back and forget her aims, aspirations and her dreams.

I had to gather myself and prepare to be back to who I was before and be the man of my family. My mom had been through enough after my father's death and she need not see me drowning in sorrow which will make her worry.

The moment I walked out of the cosy place which felt like home away from home for Hele and I , I turned to take a glance once and leaving a deep sigh I left to my mom's place.

"Draky"

"Mom"

"Where is Hele?"

"She is meeting her brother , Liam and Ann" I wished she wouldn't question anything further

"Would she be joining us tomorrow ?"

I had no idea what to say. I didn't know when she is leaving to Amsterdam and then to NY. I couldn't dare to ask. I haven't even said at what time is my flight. I just informed her that Mom and I would be leaving tomorrow and never said at what time.

"Draky?"

"I guess not Mom. I mean she hardly had any vacation in her life and it would be wrong if I ask her to come along with us. So, umm...I just asked her to enjoy and not to worry" I cant believe I am effing lying to my mom straight without stuttering. How worse can I be !

"Fair enough. I am proud you said that to her and I am now feeling more guilty"

"Mom" before I could say she looked at me and I knew she that look meant she hasn't yet completed

"Draky. Why don't you stay? Its not that I cannot manage the office issues , I have done that even before. You too need to enjoy your life a little " she paused and looked at me before continuing " now that you have a perfect girl on your side who makes you so happy . You both deserve the whole world of happiness. I was worried when you were you know a playboy sort. But now I am not at all worried. You have always been the best version of yourself when its about your family and work and from past few months you hardly took any breaks...not considering weekends. You finally have a chance to get away so I want you to make most of it , instead of tagging along with me. "

I waited for her and when she didn't speak any further I had to convince her to take me along. The more I stay here the more devastated I would become. Because I cannot see Hele leaving me and going away. If I indulge myself in work I will come to terms that she already left and would never come back and that's how I am planning to lead my life from now on. I am sure I can never love anyone as I love Hele and I can never give myself to anyone physically or emotionally other than Hele. All in all my worst time has kicked off without any caution.

"Why are you silent Drake?"

"Nothing mom. You are overthinking. I will make sure to enjoy myself and take breaks once we get back to normal. For now let me come. You know Hele is very nice person, she understands me well and she would never want to me to stay back with her , while you are in Ghent resolving issues. Trust me mom if Krissy had been with you, I would have never even uttered a word of coming along"

"You have grown up Draky. Too fast – sometimes I think" she kissed my forehead and turned to go to her room, while I took the couch to sleep and I knew I would and can never sleep peacefully from now on.