Chapter - 4 Friends?

Helena POV:

I stepped into Pearls room and jumped on the bed. Drake's snapping still lingered in my ears. I had heard lots of abuses and snapping's in my whole life, I got so used to them that I hardly felt any emotion, but this time I felt sad.

"Why am I feeling sad? This is nothing new to me, then why am I feeling so different? May be this time I am wrong. I didn't even apologize, he didn't let me apologize, I should have while we were still in car.'' I spoke to myself. I rambled through my purse and took out the mobile.

To Playboy_Asshole: I am sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you.

I sent the message and was not sure if I would get any reply soon, to get distracted I closed my eyes trying to think about searching a new place to stay. Few minutes later my phone beeped and I was quick enough to check

From Playboy_Asshole: It's fine

Reading that message my heart clenched. Someone apart from Pearl has shown concern for the first time to me, this someone is the one I had crush on and with this message I felt like I have been blocked by him completely. A tear escaped and I soon wiped away giving myself a sympathetic smile while looking at mirror.

I realized I had to come out of this feeling soon and hopped on to the bed once again and opened Laptop and started searching for some more houses to shift as well as some temporary jobs during morning hours because I had absolutely nothing to do now. Back at home I used to do gardening and cleaning also, helping the chef in preparing meals, when I had holidays. During other times, I kept myself busy with studies.

After few hours I finally applied for a job as temporary accountant in a Chain of hotels which runs a Restaurant and bar in every location it has a branch, and an hour later received a reply to meet them in couple of hours, if its possible as they have an urgent requirement. I checked the time and got readied to meet them and then go around the city I have grown up but never really explored.

That evening I returned to the room to see Drake, Bert and Pearl sitting in the living room. Once I stepped in Pearl came and hugged me.

"what's the matter Pearl?''

"Hele you have done it'' she screamed in happiness

"What have I done, what are you talking about?'' I am totally confused

"I am not going to tell you, but I am gonna let you see it all by yourself'' she spoke and handed me an envelope which had words printed

"

To Ms. Helena Viceroy

Letter of Appointment

Goldman Investors, New York, USA

"

Tears ran down my cheek as my legs felt weak. I looked at Pearl and then Bert and finally my eyes landed on Drake. Pearl and Bert were beaming with pride and happiness, while Drake had put up an almost unreadable expression.

"Just open it Hele, I can't wait to know when you are going to join and what offer did they have for you''

I nodded and opened the letter and my tears were unstoppable. I am finally going to achieve my dreams. Goldman Investors is one of the leading firm in the west. They are leaders in dealing with most influential and high profile clients. In short they are almost world leaders in Investment banking sector. During the first year of University, I wrote a thesis on Investment banking which got eyes of the Goldman Investors, they wrote to me that they were impressed with my thesis and would in future like to hire me. I was no doubt happy then but soon forgot, thanks to my personal life chaos. Now all of a sudden I got this offer and knew I am going to take it up without second thoughts. However my date of joining is 6 months later. So I need to still stay back in Ghent for about 5 and a half months before I leave for NY.