Chapter - 10: Shocks and Surprises !!!

Lente Johnson POV:

"Mom. I need to talk to you before you listen to anyone" Drake spoke.

Drake never interrupts me when I am in conversation with someone and If he has now interrupted then it must be something serious. I have been noticing Drake giving those death glares to Diana Viceroy. I have absolutely no idea what's going on .

But I certainly know this is related to Drake's friend Helena. I have never seen my son taking interest in any girl. I knew his ways which I am not very proud of but I also believe that I have raised him better and he would not do anything that will bring our respect down.

The way he got angry when I asked him to meet Elina and then bringing Helena to introduce to me explains that he likes the girl way too much and he can and will do anything to protect her. Right now he is trying to protect Helena. No doubt Helena is the person he likes , as he hinted me sometime ago.

"Mom, please can we ?'' he again called pulling me out of my thoughts. I nodded after excusing Diana. After reaching a corner I waited for him to speak.

"Mom. I want you to know that Helena is not a backstabber. She is the most strongest girl I had ever met. She faced everything with a smile on her face and she still continues to do so. Please don't let the lady's word change your opinion about Helena." He said

"I don't get why is Diana interested in talking about your friend Helena?"

"That's because Helena's last name is Viceroy"

Did I just hear it correct? Helena is Helena Viceroy which means

"Helena is the daughter of Mr&Mrs Viceroy. Sister of Steve Viceroy and SIL of Diana Viceroy."

"But.."

"I know what you are thinking mom" he rubbed his face in frustration

"Explain Drake!"

"Mom. Viceroys are ....'' ..... Drake told everything about Helena and her family. I was stunned to learn that one of the most influential people in Belgium have treated their only girl child like a trash all these days. I looked at Helena who was now sitting with Krystal ,Pearl and Bert and was lost in her own thoughts. I could not very clearly understand what she is undergoing but I can certainly feel that she is worried and in turmoil.

"Mom. She really is leaving for NY after 5 months. She has the offer letter. Pearl, Bert and I have seen and read it. Please don't believe Diana Viceroy. The Viceroy family don't deserve any trust from us" he sighed

"Drake. Let me handle this my way. Just have trust on me" I said patting his shoulders and he nodded and started leaving towards his friends

"Drake" I called from behind and he turned

"I like your choice. Don't let her go off. You have certainly found a nice girl for yourself" I winked at him

He grinned, nodded and left from there and seeing my son happy made my heart swell with happiness.

Now its time for me to deal with Viceroys. I had to let them know what they lost. Though its none of my business, but somehow I could accept the way they treated their daughter. Nobody in the influential circle knew about Helena. I didn't know till Drake told me. They never ever introduced her to anyone till date. That's wrong. As Drake is proud of her, I am also proud of her after knowing about her.

Taking a deep breath, I walked towards the Viceroys.

"Hello. I hope you are enjoying the evening" I spoke

"Ohh everything is absolutely perfect." Mr. Viceroy said

"I am glad you are enjoying" I said and started looking for someone whom I specially invited for the event not knowing he would be the one to make Viceroys realize what they lost.