Challenged

Recap:

 “Maybe you’ll be better with this weapon, you’ll still be horrible though.” Ala said ruining my good mood.

“I don’t know what it is with you.” I said annoyed, “I’ve tried to be nice to you but now this is just a pain! Why can’t you just be nice to me?”

“You don’t deserve it,” Ala answered simply glaring at me.

“Is there any way I can make you see different?”

“Yes, defeat me in a fight,” Ala said a confident grin on her face.

“Well then, I challenge you to a fight.” I said, Allie and Fai froze and the confident grin on Ala’s face grew bigger.

“Your funeral.”

End Recap

Thea’s POV

Ala and I stood at opposite sides of the fighting arena, which, I had learnt, was where fighting lessons were taught and any fights (by humans) were carried out. The arena had been cleared of people for Ala and I’s fight and I was starting to regret challenging her. Allie and Fai had tried to help me, which told me that Ala was a really good fighter although according to them she relied on her weapon too much and was prone to react due to her emotions. I just hoped I could finish the match with a minimal amount of injuries, I would try my hardest to win.

Allie and Fai were currently in the centre of the arena about to announce the match. “One hour ago, new rider Stella Ignis issued a challenge to Alayah!” Allie said, “the match starts… now!”

The two girls leapt away running to opposite sides of the arena, Ala and I watched each other from opposite sides of the arena. The arena was more or less in the shape of a 40m (in diameter) circle. The arena floor was covered up in crushed rock which was almost a fine powder, I don’t know how they managed to do that. The arena was surrounded by a circle of people and rock, there wasn’t very many people and none were cheering for me.

All this I thought while I waited for Ala to make the first move, all the noise around me seem to die out as I sorely focused on the fight. I could hear my own breathing which was coming in short bursts and I could feel the adrenaline in my blood making it hard to stand still, but still I waited.

I held my weapon in my left hand, after a minute or two Ala charged at me. Knowing that she had momentum due to her speed, I didn’t even try to block. I stepped to the right, slanting my weapon so Ala’s heavy brass staff would run off it.

Ala easily pulled herself to a stop not getting off balance like I had hoped. I was starting to regret my decision of challenging Ala, but when I remembered why I had challenged her, I attacked harder.

I held my blade staff (A.N I can’t remember what I called it before, can you guys remember) like a spear and lunged at Ala trying to get behind her defence. However Ala easily stepped back and swung her brass staff and deflected my spear elsewhere.

“Is that all you can do?” Ala taunted as I pulled back and glared as we circled each other. “Wow, I thought you’d be better than a toddler, but obviously I was disappointed.”

“I would insult you back, but I’m quite sure it’s be nice to animal’s week,” I said in reply with a grin.

Ala yelled and charged at me in anger, which was what I’d been counting on. As she came to a stop in front of me using her staff she swung it like a bat. I changed my hold on the blade staff, which had been held in my left hand, so I was holding it like an actual staff. I blocked the blow, thanking the gods and Allie for the metal encasing which had stopped Ala’s weapon from breaking right through the metal.