Flying Names and Library's!

~~Theas POV~~

'They say fate is written down and can't been changed, but you can make your own choices and change your destiny,' I groaned as Zodiac woke me up entering my mind between the strange link between non riders and their dragons. I could tell Zodiac was stretching by the edge of the cave opening, we had come here after the bonding as we had been really tired and wanted to fall asleep. I stretched and changed into the black clothes at the end of my bed. I walked towards Zodiac who opened his wings as if he was going to fly. I looked at his wings, they were filled with dirt, and had some bugs as well!

Your wings, really need to be cleaned, I told him.

He grinned showing his fangs at me, not just my wings, and my whole body needs to be cleaned.

I groaned out loud, really? I do hope you know where the dragon washing place is. I told Zodiac as I climbed on, I sat in the hollow at the base of his neck. Zodiac took off, his wings creating large gusts of wind it felt nice, a change in the air. You could tell that he hadn't done much recently, as his flying was wobbly and he found it hard to take off. In the end, he jumped off the edge and had to glide most of the way. Soon we were on the ground near the base of the cliff that was riddled with caves, I jumped off Zodiac and followed as he entered the biggest cave that was on the floor level. After walking for a couple of minutes in pitch black, we came out into a cave filled with hot springs. I could see some dragons and there non riders in the springs, Zodiac led me to a corner with a moderate size spring. He jumped in and managed to splash me, I glared at him and he lifted his wing and pointed with his tail to some wire brushes. I groaned again and grabbing one of the biggest brushes waded in. The water only went up to my waist, and it seemed like the clothes that I was wearing were waterproof.

Dragon scales, said Zodiac, to be exact my dragon scales.

What?

The clothes you are wearing are made out of my shedded scales, they are waterproof, fireproof and resistant to magic.

Wow, now can you lie down you're too tall for me to reach your wings! With a loud chuckle Zodiac laid down in the water and held his wings open at my height, grinning I started rubbing as hard as I could. After a while one of his wings were cleaned, when he told me I had to use the other brushes as well. So there was the wire brush, which I had just used, you use the wire brush to get dirt, bugs and muck out of the scales and wings. You use a cloth with some oil on it to add shine to the dragon's scales, wings and claws. You also have a brush with bristles from some animal, to scrub the dragon's spikes with. Zodiac told me all of this and more, in the end my arms were killing from all the scrubbing and brushing I had done. When Zodiac was happy with his looks, he got up out of the spring and started walking back to outside. I sighed and walked after the happy dragon, I continued walking until I was outside with Zodiac as he waited for me. At least you waited! I complained to him, he looked at me and seemed a whole lot wiser than he did earlier.

You need to know things, he told me his voice vibrating around in my head, we will go to the library and you will read. I will teach, you will find your name later today as well.

Ahh, about that I don't know how to read, I am after all from the village slums.

You will learn, Zodiac told me, I sighed again this was sounding a lot like lots and lots of work. I climbed up onto Zodiac's back and he took off, his flight was once again strong and steady. Every minute or so he would flap his wings so he didn't lose elevation. Soon we landed in yet another cave, this one was much larger, and higher up. I slid off Zodiac and walked next to him as we entered the Library. I squinted as I looked up at the large book shelves, I stopped and looked around me. It was so bright! The books themselves seemed to create a light that needed to be looked at. I felt something jab me in the ribs glaring at Zodiac who ignored me and continued walking. I followed looking around me carefully, soon Zodiac stopped in a corner of the library. I looked around all these books seemed to have dragon in their title. I grabbed a book which Zodiac had pointed to, "Ancient Dragon Words."