Chains

Recap:

I turned my head hearing chanting, a bright light filled the room making me close my eyes and just listen instead. “Somne, quies in nos nimis.” The same words were chanted over and over again. Soon I could hear the words in my head. I grew drowsy and soon, I let myself collapse onto the floor my emotional and physically battle over for now.

My eyes still shut, I let myself be taken off into the world of darkness.

Storm’s POV

It felt like days that I was stuck in the blank darkness, I couldn’t feel, hear or smell. I couldn’t even think, I could just feel hate, it surrounded me and I was submerged in it. It wasn’t hate for someone or something, it was hate for myself. Pure loathing and rage however it was accompanied by the feeling of knowing and understanding.

But then, then there was feeling. I could feel heavy things circling my legs, neck and tail and I could feel cold heavy things along my wings making sure they were into my sides. I tried to move, however what seemed to be keeping me in darkness didn’t let me.

So yet again I waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Until.

Until light flooded my vision along with my sense of smell.

I blinked and waited a couple of moments before everything wasn’t fuzzy and I could see properly. My eyes had already gotten used to the darkness of where I was. I looked closely over what seemed like giant lumps of rocks, but turned out to be more dragons.

I looked around for the source of light, before my eyes narrowed on a torch a bit away from my position. The light didn’t move and I could just make out the outline of a person. Just as I went to focus on the dragons nearby my mind went back to when I killed a dragon.

A dragon pulled itself out of a dark corner which the shadows had filled, the dragon had cuts all over its body.

"Save me! Help me!" It screamed, I jerked to a stop as its’ voice filled my head, not only in my thoughts but in my ears as well. I shook my head and felt dizzy as the pitch increased. "Save me! Help me!" It screamed I staggered from the sound, the dragon was mad. It had been pushed past the point of sanity, the dragon took a ragged breath. 

"Kill me," it said, I sucked in a lungful of air in surprise.

The dragon lunged and I braced myself for the impact, the dragon crashed into me and its’ jaws clamped around my throat.

Kill the dragon, it hurt you, it’s going to kill you. Claw its eyes out, pull its teeth out, show my blood, blood, blood! The voice screeched, once again I knew it wasn’t the dragon in front of me.

I jerked myself left, trying to escape from the manic dragons hold.

I could feel myself being assaulted by a mental voice, however I paid no heed to it as I pulled against whatever was holding me, desperate to get away from memories and my actions.

I leapt at it, my claws prepared to cut. The moment I hit the dragon it squealed, it was then that I remembered that it had cuts all over it.

I looked down to see blood dripping down my chest, it was a deep dark red – my blood.

The dragon easily dodged me, I wonder if you’ll taste the same as other dragons, I came to a halt staring wide eyed at the dragon.