In The Air

Storm's POV

Recap:

Vigr, Reid, Zenith, and Lupe can all hide in the river. I suggested.

Our scales will allow us to blend in, Zenith murmured.

Lupe can shoot mud at Storm and Lex, letting them be covered in darker colours. Rimn said.

No, we can't do that. Erin said before either dragons had a chance to speak, it would make them uncomfortable and I doubt they would let us do it to them anyway.

We could fly in the treetops, keeping watch on each other and circling near everyone. We can convey messages and find places to hide. Lex, Erin's purple dragon, said.

I nodded my head. It's a good idea. Are we happy with the plan so far?

The plan being you two fly, the others stay in a river, and we split into two groups? Erin said. I nodded my head. Then I'm in.

End Recap

After the rider's had figured out their plan, they set off. I glanced at the dragons, and as one, we lifted off going our separate directions. Lex and I had agreed to watch separate areas of the forest. I was taking the north side while Lex would take the south side.

Above the trees, I continued ascending. I'd figured the higher I was, the less likely it was that I would be shot at. I stretched my wings as I slowly sped over the forest. A sudden roar made me look down; Igraine soared out of the trees leaving screaming birds in her wake.

I let out a laugh at her and slowed my flight down, soon Igraine reached me, and we were flying wing-tip-to-wing-tip. I take it you aren't going to be playing a big part in the game?

I shook my head. The game is for them to have fun. I prefer to simply fly around, although I'll relay any messages if I have to though.

Igraine nodded her head, I heard this forest is meant to be near the ocean or something.

I looked around, the forest stretches for ages, it could be anywhere.

Pity Rolland can't be here, he was pulled into the game by his rider. Igraine said with a smile.

He's probably enjoying himself though, I replied.

Igraine smiled and sped up before performing a loop in front of me and tagging me with her tail. You're it! She called out as she darted away, and I quickly followed. As I reached Igraine, she rolled in the air, causing me to slow down and sigh in annoyance. I narrowed my eyes and watched as Igraine started doing a zigzag pattern so I wouldn't catch her. I slowly started gaining altitude, when I thought I was high enough I tilted into a dive and snapped my wings closed.

I dived at Igraine, the momentum of my fall allowing me to catch her before she could do anything. A few metres above Igraine, I opened my wings – slowing my fall drastically. I stopped my fall just above Igraine and tapped her back with my tail. Tagged! I called out, before rolling sideways and falling through the air into the trees.

I heard Igraine roar and chase me down. In the forest, I found myself weaving around giant tree trunks at high speeds. A few times, I clipped my wings or tail on a tree trunk. Looking behind, I could see Igraine was easily weaving between the trees and catching up.

As I entered a large clearing, I flared my wings before heading up into the sky once more. As I rose above the trees, I changed direction, heading north instead of northeast. Igraine roared from behind me and I sped up, the wind streaked past as everything started blurring. I could feel my wing muscles burning as I pushed them to their limit. I let out a loud roar as I rolled in the air before looping backwards and flying alongside Igraine. Igraine roared at me and sped up; racing me to a place that neither of us knew.