Snow Storms' Battle

~~Snow Storms POV~~

I opened my eyes weakly, it was dark so dark not even I could see. I could already hear the thumping footsteps that I had already come to dread. I tried to stand up, shoving my wings beside me but even that took too much effort. I could hear pain filled roars of the dragons in the rooms beside me. Then they were here, rattling their metal bars against the bars of my cell I coughed as dust rose while I tried to stand. It felt like I couldn't breathe, my head lowered as I wheezed trying to get some air. My scales once so bright were now filthy that not even a rat would come near. But I was lucky, I hadn't been here long unlike others who had been here for so long they can't even speak any more. Their minds sprouting gibberish and they just attacked anything near them, it hurt me to go near them as they stare at me with their pain filled eyes but they were crazy there was no mistaking that. I suspect I had only been here a couple of days, yet from the time I was chained to now everything had changed. I had failed my rider, I had failed in my duties her mind once so bright I couldn't feel. Not even through our bond could we contact each other, but through my pain and suffering I fought. I would continue to fight, for my rider and for the hope she brought!

I coughed again the dust entered my lungs and I felt like I was going to die breathing was just too hard. I let out an angry growl at myself. Thea, my partner-of-mind-and-heart wouldn't give up, and I as her dragon wouldn't either! All my bones cracked as I moved, the mud that caked my whole body made it stiff and unbearable to move. I pulled my wings into my body tucking them out of the way, it felt so strange to even be standing. I grunted as I staggered the effort was becoming too much, I let my wings out. It was low to do, and no dragon in their right mind would do what I was doing. It was a disgrace, and it hurt my pride so much to even think about it but to not do so meant worse. I was using my wings to stand, my wings caked in filth, I could feel the movement of bugs but as I moved my wings I felt some of the filth slide off. The bars in front of me slid down and I found myself staring in dread at the person in front of me, this human was the cause of my pain and I don't even think he was human. His soul had been sold to Death, I growled and let out a roar surprised at myself for having the energy.

The man cracked his whip, the whip had a chain on the end of it and any part of the whip and chain could cut through my scales. It hurt and with the filth down here I could get infected and die so I was forced to use my own magic and heal myself. It made me weak and I hated him for it, and I fought with all the strength I have. "Oh, fighting a bit more today? Feeling powerful? Energetic? Think you're strong going against us, eh? Well today we might just get some fun, I'm going to ride you."

He was going to ride me? To ride your own dragon was one thing, to ride another without permission was the worst thing one could do. It felt wrong to the dragon who since birth had fought tooth and nail to protect their rider, and another to sit on them? I growled again and took a step forward my left leg flared in pain as the whip cut into it.

"I own you Dragon! I own you! You listen to me," the man said glaring at me. With one move of his right hand, that wasn't holding the whip, he created a light.

My eyes were blinded from being in the dark so long and I instantly closed them, "get going, Dragon!"

Suddenly something was sitting where my rider was meant to sit, I stiffened he wouldn't dare I thought. The man cackled and I let out another growl as strength flooded through me and I stood taller. Save your strength, I told myself, I'll use it for later when I truly need it. "Giddy up!" He hit me with his whip as he sat cruelly perched on my back, I jumped forward. My eyes now used to the glowing light, I followed every so often flapping my wings to see if I had enough strength to even rise of the ground a tiny bit.

I can smell other dragons, this light I am following must be leading to the rest. They are doing something evil, I know it, I told myself. I continued at my slow running pace, my legs weak from lack of exercise and food. I let out a small growl feeling how weak I was, I could now hear the footsteps of dragons and a couple of wingbeats. My nose now picked up the scent of dragons, many dragons, fear and the metallic scent of blood.