Missing the Sky

Recap:

"But what about that group of riders you were talking about?" Ademar questioned, I sighed.

End Recap

Storm's POV

I pondered on what to say, it was true that I knew some of what Thea was and had been doing. There were a few memories but they were rare and were at random times. However it wasn't what the memories showed but what the knowledge that came with them told.

So as I have a stronger connection with my rider than most dragon and riders here I can sometimes get a memory from Thea.

Why do you have such a good connection? Emy asked, I could hear the envy in her voice.

I don't know... Although it is probably as we were together for a while before the dragon riders found us. I told her before continuing on with my tale. The knowledge that accompanies these few memories helps me understand what Thea is doing. From what I can gather there is another group of riders. They're all female though and they're locked in the caves alone and having to do everything themselves. For years they've been searching for an exit through dangerous tunnels and had to have faced monsters and such. Recently they found an exit and they're planning to escape.... I don't know how. However I may see Rolland or manage to speak to him, as he isn't here I'm assuming that he is with Thea and her friends.

"Rolland, you said you knew Rolland didn't you?" Ademar whispered as he twisted his body to look over at me. "Rolland, a grey dragon, do you know him?"

I looked at Ademar and smiled, Ademar I thought your mind felt familiar as I said earlier, and I still stand by that thought. Rolland is safe and in good hands, I told Ademar privately.

Ademar thanked me mentally before turning to face Charlie and Emy once more. "Now, we've managed to get ourselves free from Lance we'll be planning a way to escape as well. Although I think a good rest is in store for all of us." Ademar said as he got up and stretched.

Ademar copied his movements and left me, I turned and looked at Emy, Igraine and Fear. Emy didn't say anything as she got up and left. Fear rolled his eyes and grunted before leaving the small circle, with a nod of goodbye to Igraine and I.

Igraine and I exchanged looks remembered what had happened the previous times we'd fallen asleep, with a shake of her head Igraine stood up. Fly in the stars tonight, Igraine said using an old dragon proverb to wish someone goodnight.

May your wings take you to the best dreams, I replied as I got up and walked to a clear space. All around me dragons were curling up and falling asleep.

For minutes I rested in silence listening to the sounds of dragons sleeping quietly. I sighed softly and closed my eyes but sleep still didn't come for me. I guess it was because this was my first time that I hadn't been forced to sleep without my rider. I tried to picture how Thea looked with her dark brown hair and brown eyes that always looked at me with love. I tried to picture her body shape and how her face looked, only to become panicked as I failed to remember.

Mentally I panicked but blocked my mind so no one could tell, I continued trying to remember how she looked. Instead I felt a calmness come over me but it felt like Thea. Despite knowing that she wasn't near me and that I couldn't protect her at the moment. Even knowing that I couldn't remember how she looked, the calmness took over me. I suppose it didn't really matter how she looked or such, but that I remembered she existed. That she was alive, that she cared for me, that I was loved despite anything I did.

My mind started to think back over the memory of killing the dragon, I shook my head and cast the thoughts and memories away. Now was not the time. A nudge from beside me made me open my eyes and look at the dragon next to me. It was the red dragon whom I'd spoken to multiple times in the past hour or so. I miss the stars, the big red dragon murmured to me as I lowered me mental shield slightly.