Ground Strikers, Strikers and an All-Out Battle

Thea's POV

Recap:

I let out an aggravated sigh as I felt Jelmi's mind fade from my reach. The 'room' Storm had created to keep in contact with the dragons and riders lost one presence. Strikers, move out, we have comrades to avenge, Storm said with a growl, leaping out of the edges of the forest.

End Recap

I let out a muffled gasp as power flooded me, I could feel my magic humming in my blood. Along with this, I could feel it buzzing in my mind awaiting me to command it. Yet at the same time I felt a wrenching on my heart and a tugging in my mind, I was barely aware of the fact I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

Storm paused underneath me, and I managed to ignore the painful feelings and the feeling of my magic. I looked at Vax who had paused next to Storm. I may not make it through this battle, so I leave you with one last piece of information. You are all that's left of the dragons and riders. There are no more eggs waiting to hatch, and no hatchlings waiting for a rider. You are the last.

Storm nodded. Today our race either dies out or shows what being a dragon and rider is really about. With his part said, Storm hurdled into the sky without another thought. I knew Storm could feel the same power I was, and as we approached the wall, I could make out Magicians crowding around and raising their palms, already chanting words.

Shall we dance this battle as one? I asked my dragon, Snow Storm roared his approval and we merged identities. Storm and I became one, thinking and moving together. It got to the point that I wasn't sure who was raising the shield to block spells or who was flapping our wings to move us in the sky.

As we got closer to the wall, Storm and I drew apart as we focused on our respective jobs. Lore, give us a target please. I called out mentally to the life-fire dragon, the life-fire dragon, which is a variation of the fire dragon breed, let out a screeching roar, and gained height so that he could attack without Storm and myself being in the way. Lore spat out a fireball, which hit the wall leaving a scorch mark.

You have an attack, fire at will as many times as you can. We'll try to keep the spells away and try to remember avoid letting the spells hit the rebels. Archers shoot those Magicians if you can, everyone else can cover your backs. I called out to everyone – dragons and riders.

"Scutum meum, et draconi placebit me magiae, tantum a vobis peto ut inter cetera carmina, expugna impugnantes me et uti alterius magica molitus est." I chanted softly, stringing the words that I knew would help me to form a shield. A shimmering expanse of air formed around Storm and me, a green fire hit the shimmering shield. The spot it hit turned green for a second before the energy in the spell was absorbed and used to send my own spell back at the Magicians on the wall. "Sacer ignis," I barked out, and the green part of the shield disappeared and green fire hit the top of the wall.

While I was doing this, spells and arrows flew past me on their way to the Magicians. Along with this the dragons were attacked the position marked on the wall. Storm had already shot multiple attacks, with Rolland, Camroth, Fire Storm, and Lore working together to cause a mass explosion. Fear was helping out as well and with one last fireball from Lore a fire started up at the bottom of the wall and cracks could be seen. A Magician on the wall said something as he pointed at the fire. A stream of water burst from his hand at high pressure hit the flames, causing them to die out. However, the wall wasn't able to stand against the water after the vicious attack we had just put it through and with a loud groan, it crumbled.

"Impes," I shouted, pointing at one of the roofs in the city, the dry ceiling immediately caught fire and spread to nearby houses. Ground Strikers, move now! I mentally cried out, looking below to catch the movement of half a dozen dragons.