Left Behind

Recap:

"Look at the sky!" Someone yelled, I sat up with a jerk and stood. The rain had stopped a little while ago and the clouds had disappeared, but there were no stars to be seen, instead the sky had been a dark, dusty blue. However between trees that were bare of leaves I could make out yellows, reds, oranges and pinks as the sun rose.

"It's the start of a new day!" Someone called out.

"The start of a new life!" Another person called out and I chuckled and wondered if one could somehow become drunk on happiness.

"It's the symbol of our freedom!" Dai yelled out loudly, making me jump and startle. One by one the dragons responded with a roar, each one happy at the prospect of seeing their riders and having their freedom back.

During this, I wondered if Storm was seeing the same sunrise I was, I couldn't help but think that he was.

End Recap

Thea's POV

For the second time in recent days I found myself being woken up by a shake on my shoulders, I smiled at Zodiac who had nudged me with his nose to wake me up. Zodiac smiled back and I rolled out from underneath his wing, which had kept any rain that may have fallen in my sleep, and stood with a stretch. Around me, I could see many other riders doing similar things.

Many of the dragons raised their heads and turned towards the sun. I looked in confusion at Zodiac who had also risen his head to stare in the same direction as the other dragons. Their riders are in that direction, Zodiac said with a mumble, along with many unfamiliar dragons.

A small, dark purple dragon landed nearby and Dai dismounted and quickly ran over to Spiritus and waved me over. I approached the two who were discussing something in detail. "We have an issue," Dai said as I soon as I reached the pair.

"We have Dragon Riders and Magicians on our tail coming in from the South and they span a large number however Dai doesn't think they saw her." Spiritus told me before I could even question what the issue was.

I chewed my lip softly, "We need to move then." I said.

Dai nodded and her mouth curved downwards. "I don't know where to go though, we have no clue where we are or what we're doing."

I looked past Dai and to where a blue-green dragon had turned his face towards the sun, with a small shock I realized it was Zenith. "We may not know what to do or where to go, but I have a feeling some around here do." Dai and Spiritus followed my gaze and looked at the dragon.

"Why are so many of them doing that?" Spiritus asked and a grin crossed my face.

"Zodiac tells me they can sense their riders and many unfamiliar dragons... I have a feeling our dragons await over that way if we can make it to them before the Dragon Riders and Magicians find us. We'll be safe," I told them.

Fai suddenly appeared at my side with Ala and Allie in tow. "What's up?" Ala asked, her face instantly noting the concern on all our faces and the grin on mine. "Why am I getting the feeling Stella is up to something?"

Dai chuckled, "Not up to something as such but more like figuring out a way for us to find our dragons... or try to at least."

"I'd like to point out before anything happens that it won't be me leading us but the dragons." I mentioned.

Dai seemed to frown even more at that however with a sigh she nodded her consent. "I'll tell everyone to mount up, you five can help me, if you, Stella, tell the dragons to go to the large amount of dragons in the north."