Air and Water Strikes

Storm's POV

Recap:

At this, I reared back onto my hind legs and roared at the sky. I then landed on all four legs and growled softly. We were not going to fail for we had hope and with hope, we would survive.

End Recap

I shifted nervously, my nerves felt fried and nothing had even happened yet. Thea rested a hand on my neck; it was odd how such a small gesture brought so much comfort to me. I closed my eyes and sighed, it was almost time. My mind had connected with all the other dragons and, by extent, their riders. It was almost like our minds were all in one room together and we could talk if we wanted, but didn't. We could almost feel what everyone else was feeling and hear what everyone was thinking.

I opened my eyes and looked around. Lying down beside me was Rolland and Fear, and behind us were Fire Storm, Camroth, Lore, and Fraener. We were one of four battle groups that were made up of the dragons and their riders. My group was known as the Strikers, and we would play a large part when it came to breaking into the city.

Thea stiffened on my back and I froze for a moment, we mightn't have been together for very long but we had an uncanny ability to know what the other was thinking without words. Although, that may have to do with the fact our minds, souls, and spirits were connected.

I closed my eyes once again and focused on checking my connection with everyone. Thea and I were the bridge, we connected everyone together so everyone could talk and keep in contact. Later in the battle, it wouldn't matter, but for breaking into the capital, it would be a huge advantage.

Air Strikers go, Thea whispered to us all.

Do your best and stay silent, I said as I connected with Emy's mind on a deeper level. As Emy was the leader of the Air Strikers, I entered her mind to see out of her eyes and see how everything was going. The plan was for me to do this with each leader of the dragons so we knew what was going on with each group.

Storm? Emy questioned.

It's me, I replied. Immediately instead of blackness, I could see what Emy was seeing. Emy was quickly approaching the west wall of the city close to the gates. The five dragons and riders were meant to attack all the guards – or, at least, the majority of the guards – on the west wall silently and invisibly so no one knew what was happening.

I knew that Emy and the others were using magic, Vax was also helping out – despite the fact he was on the opposite side of the capital – by using magic. The magic that was covering the dragons and riders made the light bend around them so that no one could see them and they were 'invisible'. Although, it made everyone tired when using it, however, we'd found a way to transfer bits of energy to others so they wouldn't be as tired.

Emy's eyes scanned the wall, showing me roughly ten to twenty humans on the wall. They were all either walking, talking, or sitting down, not a single one looked prepared for an attack. I could almost feel the disapproval coming from some of the other dragons once they heard about this. After all, if the capital knew there was going to be an attack they should, at least, be somewhat prepared. Currently, they were just being arrogant, underestimating us, and perhaps overestimating themselves.

The moment Emy was within attacking distance of the wall, she swooped down and grabbed one man. Her claws pinned him and she was quick to end his misery with a hard drop to the ground. A second later she bit someone else and killed them too, Dai was easily picked off people silently with her bow. A few minutes later, the words to withdraw entered the Air Strikers' mind. With the western wall having no guards, the attack had been successful, and no alarm had been sounded or anyone alerted. So far, so good.