Epilogue Part 2

Thea's POV

Recap:

Storm reached out to my mind. Thea I have a plan.

Finally, I said, we can relay it to all the riders tomorrow, but you can relay it to the dragons tonight.

End Recap

It was somewhere between ten and eleven when I finally managed to get all the riders to gather somewhere out of view from the rebels but where our dragons could reach us. I looked over everyone, I had a feeling some would refuse Storm's idea while others would follow it. I expected it, and Storm and I had even discussed the details of the plan and had prepared for all problems – or so we hoped – last night after he'd told the dragons.

Storm had been correct about the storm last night. It had thundered and poured. I had found myself spending the night with Storm, and I wasn't the only one to spend my time with their dragon that night. Something about the storm had put me on an edge; it made me think back to the battles and the horrors of the war in general. Something I'd only paid attention to after the war had finished.

Storm was lying down and I was leaning against his shoulder as I looked out at the riders. I looked out over the crowd, wondering what they would think of Storm's plan and just how many would go along with it. I thought back to Thessy and all the creatures that had come with Storm and everyone. The creatures had stayed in the forest near the rebel camp, deciding it was safer there for them and they could live a life they wanted. Their numbers had decreased after the battle as well, so no one was too surprised at the fact. Storm nudged my mind, bringing me back to the present.

I clapped my hands together and stood up straight, gathering everyone's attention. "Alright, so I'm sure you've all noticed the hostility directed at the dragons and by extension us. This hostility isn't going to fade anytime soon, it'll fade when most people who were controlled underneath Tristan are dead. Even then, some of the hatred might remain. That's about two generations until we're accepted even though we were a major help in the battle. Storm's figured out a plan. Storm and I have decided we're going to leave Radon, and go and search for lands that are currently unknown or at least more accepting then here. It's your choice whether to go or stay. If you stay, you will be alone though. The dragons have all agreed to come. Now it's your decision to stay or go. Remember, if you stay it's likely that the bond between you and your dragon will break fully and you won't have the slow aging that we currently have."

Some of the dragons shifted nervously, obviously talking to their riders about their decision to go. Dai walked up to me with a sad smile. "I won't be going. I couldn't bear to go an adventure without Emy. Plus, I think I can make a living here instead of making myself feel guilty about riding a dragon that isn't Emy." I hugged my friend.

"I understand," I said softly in reply to Dai's decision, "Good luck in life, and thanks for everything." With that said, Dai turned and walked back to the riders, saying goodbye to all the female riders.

"Anyone else?" I called out. However, everyone remaining looked like they had decided to stay. I grinned at them all, "Well that's everything sorted. We need to speak to Levok so he knows we're gone, I suppose getting resources and saying our goodbyes to anyone we want is also important." I muttered to myself. "Alright, listen up guys!" I called out, "Erin, Fai, Allie and Toby please figure out what we need food wise, I'm sure we can find our own fairly easily but it'd be good to have some we can keep preserved and snacks to it in the air. Svala, Alex, Rimn, and Jason, please figure out what resources we'd need for camping that we would need to bring with us. Rachel, Sly, and Spiritus could you guys go search around saddles that'll fit the dragons. We can change them about and stuff, we just need ones that fit. Storm, could you get the dragons to help?"