Epilogue: Part 1

Storm's POV

Recap:

The rebel's party on still, I suggest you all join them and check on your family. The other dragons and I need a good hunt to regain our energy and probably wash off in a stream or lake. I said as I landed close to where I could see a giant campfire.

Be safe, Thea advised me. I chuckled and nudged her away before taking off once more.

End Recap

It'd been about a week and a half since the battle for Elpride. There hadn't been time for us, the dragons, to talk to the riders. We had lent a hand to help out with moving some of the rubble, but most of the time we spent our time recuperating in the forest. I could tell the others and myself were getting slightly annoyed of being stuck in one place. I suppose we'd been locked up for far too long to stay still in once place – although, I'd say the fact we weren't with our riders was a key reason.

It seemed like we, the dragons, weren't the only ones who were a bit annoyed by the rebels and being stuck with them. A few of the riders seemed to stick to our company rather than seeking someone they didn't know out. Rimn, Sly, Ademar, Erin, Valarie, and Spiritus came out often. Ademar spent a lot of time with Rolland, I could tell Sly and Erin worried over it but Rolland assured them and me that all was fine. Rimn came often with Jayson and Toby to check on Reid who was getting better slowly, but like the others, he was having a hard time coming to term with the fact he no longer had a rider. The three dragons who'd join us were fun to have around though.

Aura seemed to worry over every little thing and looked out for every possibility but had a temper you didn't want to face. Aura was the second oldest of the group at six years of age. She was grey and had brown eyes, and she had proved herself exceptional hunter. Along with this, she'd quickly become friends with Fai.

Ancalagon, who'd we all taken to calling Lagon which seemed to piss him off, was a jet black dragon with bright green eyes. Lagon was the oldest of us at all being one year older than Aura. He was normally quite grouchy and easy to piss off. Although, whenever I spoke to him he seemed like someone who would be willing to give his all for those he was loyal to. When everyone got bored, Lagon was the first person to be made fun off before everyone started brawling or leaping away so they weren't caught up in the mock fights. Lagon was a fighter through and through and was certainly not agile on land, despite the fact he seemed so graceful in the air. Lagon's power was being able to shroud his opponent's eyes with darkness making them seem to blind. Yet for all of Lagon's annoyance, he'd made fast friends with Erin, telling us he had helped out when the rider's dragon had fallen in battle.

Eversio was the other dragon who'd joined us. She was three years old and looked similar to Lagon except with bright blue eyes and scales that were ash-black – not fully black, but pretty much black. Eversio could manipulate wind to a certain level but couldn't create her own, unless she was angry. There was only one time she had been angry enough and that was when she thought we'd left her on her own, as she didn't see Skul sleeping by the base of the tree while we were off hunting.

I yawned and looked around at the dragons, it was early afternoon, and everyone was lazing about – probably as bored as I felt. I thought over to all the interactions we'd had with humans that weren't our riders. I knew that the Dragon Riders and Magicians before us had been cruel to the normal humans and it was the fault of dragons if you look at where they all got their powers. However, I did not understand why the humans kept flinching and looking like they were prepared for an attack when they saw us. We weren't welcome anywhere, the tyranny that the humans had been under for so long was too much to heal by simply killing Tristan and ending the war and age of repression.