Lance

Recap:

I looked over at Fear, who despite was bleeding from his stomach was grinning at me. Thessy looked at me and nodded her head, and Ademar, he just stood there smirking.

I grinned despite myself, it seemed as if freedom had brought us together and given us reason to trust.

Lance is going to get what's coming, here's the plan...

Storm's POV

After I explained the plan to the other two I looked over at Ademar. He ran over to me and quickly climbed onto my back. After he sat down in the hollow between my neck spike and back spikes, he tapped a scale.

Feeling the small pressure I opened my wings and roared before leaping into the sky, or what I considered the sky in the cave. I was solitarily relying on my wing muscles I focused on heaving myself and Ademar higher into the air.

Beside me Fear also rose into the air, his wings deftly gaining altitude at a quicker rate compared to me. I soon got to the height I wanted, I was now facing Lance and his lackeys who had been watching on our fight from a high stand. One thing stopped me from attacking right there and then. I was blocked by a see-through magic shield. I snarled, beside me Fear growled.

Thessy go! I shouted at the creature which bounded forward as Fear sent a large gloop of ice at the shield. For a second the shield looked like it would hold as the ice hit it, the shield wavered and I sent out my own attack at it. Under the combined forces of ice and my odd power the shield flickered and disappeared.

Thessy let out a screech of triumph and attacked Lance, however before Thessy could attack properly. Someone from beside Lance came out and shoved the Thestral away using a chain. I quickly recognised him as the person who had told me the rules for the fight.

My attention was quickly drawn away from the commotion that Thessy as Lance shouted something. "Terram ascendere," Lance leapt over the edge of the rocky platform and towards the ground.

I looked down confused only to see a small circle of ground rising to meet with Lance in the air. I growled and with a beat of my wings I moved from my hovering position. Fear help Thessy! Ademar, we're going for lance, I told my friends.

As I circled around a large stalactite, for some reason the battle ground seem a lot bigger now than it had previously. As I approached Lance I could now see a lance in his hands, probably called upon by magic and how he got his name. Ademar, try and find out if there are any dangers about that lance that isn't obviously seen.

"Got it Storm!" Ademar called out, I sent a silver blob towards the man who easily deflected it by swinging his lance. "Something purple dripping off it - poison at a guess - I can also see something... Oculus focus ad minutum," Ademar said using magic. "Barbs, there are small barbs on the end so if that got put into you... Pulling it out would be painful as the barbs would pull stuff with it," Ademar said disgust, fear and worry clear in his tone.

Better avoid being attacked by that then, I said nervously as Lance watched Ademar and I circle. What's with the use of magic now?

"Later, we're in a battle now," Ademar said his voice sounding restricted as I charged at Lance. Lance swung his lance up into my path and I easily came to a stop in the air. I then dropped down slightly, avoiding another attack. My claws went forward and clawed away part of the platform, in return Lance chanted another spell.

"Caecos in tenebris," Lance shouted and my vision flickered and turn black.

I panicked and swung around, using my sense of smell to get away from Lance. "Rock!" Ademar shouted, "fly left!"