Dragon Riders Kill

~~Theas POV~~

When I woke up I saw Tom sitting over me looking worried, I felt for Storms mind and told him I was fine. I opened my eyes again, and squinted out blinded by the light. After a couple of minutes I could see properly and realized that Tom was asleep. "Hey," I said, he woke up and looked startled, "Father? " I asked him.

"Gone we kicked him out, he'll never hurt you again." I smiled at him, "how are you feeling? It's been one day."

"One heck of a day then, I'm better, but I'm going to get up now, after all I've got work to do."

Tom looked worried, "are you sure?" He asked I nodded and got up, I made a shooing gesture and he walked off. I got up and changed into a looser T shirt and changed my shorts. I waved to Tom and headed out to the forest I called Storm and I headed to out meeting place, I shared my memories of past couple of days. I heard him yelling to go away, and I knew in that instant he was caught by Dragon Riders.

"Plan 1 annoying," I told him through my thoughts, I felt an agreement and grabbing my bow. I climbed up a tree and started shooting arrows at the ground, four of the arrows were fog bombs and two of them were gas bombs. I saw one still awake and shot an arrow for his legs, so he couldn't walk. I saw Storm try to lift off, but there were more Dragon Riders in the trees and they had put spells on him! I growled quietly and I lit an arrow on fire and sent it towards Storm. Storm became on fire which ate through the spells he tried to take off, but again they put new spells on him. He was starting to tire I could tell, I used the rest of my arrows at the Dragon Riders around they still had no idea where I was. I jumped to another tree, and after a while I spotted a Shepard's boy, the same one that day on the hill when Storm hatched. In gave him a message and told him that Tom and Tony would pay him for it. He hurried off I had given message in code so only they understood it. I ran back to Storm and shot all the rest of my arrows, and still they kept Storm under control. Storm flames it was a white flame that was so hot, "stop it! Stop it!" I yelled at him he did, and then realized the forest was in fire and breathed the flames in so that they disappeared. I glared at him, and was surrounded by Dragon Riders, then one hit me with the pummel of his sword and I dropped at his feet.

"You know what Storm?" I told him mentally, "I'm seriously getting pissed at these people, and I'm on an edge, if they push me they go down."

I heard a faint roar of agreement in my ears and fell back into unconsciousness.

3 HOURS LATER

I woke up feeling groggy, I felt for Storm and entered his mind, he showed me what was happening to him. He was bound in chains and was stuck in a stable, a giant one. I felt angry and returned to myself, I found myself staring into someone's eyes. I almost jumped out of my skin, I sat up. I was in a clean, white room probably the hospital area. The person was man, around 80 at a guess with a few wispy white hairs left. He looked positively ancient! He glared at me probably guessing what I was thinking... Can Dragon Riders do that? "Well, child, you seem to have gotten up, what's your name?"

I glared at him, muttering curses in my head I had no reason not to tell him my name so I did. "My name is Thea, sir. And I ask you to let my dragon go!" I demanded angrily, he put his hands up in his defense.

"Well, young Thea you're not in any position to do anything are you?" I slowly realized he was right and shook my head. "Well, you can go behind that curtain there and change." He pointed over to my left, I looked towards the screen and grabbing the clothes he handed out to me walked over. After getting changed from my tattered clothes from earlier I walked back. I was now wearing a t-shirt with short sleeves and long pants. I was wearing brown combat boots, while the rest of my clothes, were a shimmery silvery white.

The old man got up, along the way I asked him some questions, "what are you?" Was my first one and he answered with a shrug.

"What we all are I suppose, Human."

"All?"

"All, is everyone you know a human?"

I pondered the question, before realizing this was a trick question, "no. My dragon is someone and he's not a human."

The man chuckled before replying, "that there is the right answer, Thea. As to what I am, dragon rider or magician? Well a dragon rider, is someone who rides a dragon, a magician is one with magical powers. What if a magician got their powers from a dragon?" I frowned thinking, they made sense, but what was he getting to? "So if someone is a dragon rider, they have magic making them also a magician. They are a care free type of people, but in battle they can be deadly, they don't laugh about fun there. There is where they talk about death, magicians are well known as angry, mean people. This is due to a terrible thing that happened to them, it changes their whole personality - almost. When a Dragon Riders, dragon dies they still have their magic thus becoming a magician, got that?" He asked, I nodded slowly and thought of another way to phrase it.

"So when a dragon rider is a pretty happy person when their dragon dies they become full of anger and are known as a magician." The old man nodded, I was struck by a thought, "you're a magician, but you don't see angry?" I asked him, he nodded.

"Yes, I am a magician and I'm not angry, my dragon saved me and in a way lives on." He placed a hand over his heart, "in here."

"Okay, next questions, Why am I here? Why is my dragon being held captive? Where is here?" I asked in a barrage of words, the old man chuckled again.

"I won't be the one answering all those, the people in here will." He said gesturing to a wooden double door, I gulped. The man stepped backwards and shoved me forwards slightly, thanks I said sarcastically in my head.

You're welcome, said the old man's voice in my head, I looked at him and he smiled. The doors opened and I walked through.