Escape Plan Underway!

Recap:

"I've got it!" Dai said before carefully explaining her plan bit by bit.

End Recap

Thea's POV

I cautiously peered into the monster nest, it had been two days since we'd figured out the basic escape plan. Since then we had worked tirelessly to try and find flaws and solve them. The plan had been improved upon and everything had been put in place, it had been hard work for everyone. But it would pay off, I hoped.

Eight hours night time, go group one. Hearing the voice in my head I carefully pushed the person in front of me forward. Getting the idea the girl walked forward stealthily, entering the monster nest. I followed behind taking my time as I carefully watched the small stones that could easily make a noise if stepped on.

We reached the wall and I motioned for the other four people to start climbing. The wall had been marked out on the map and it wasn't the one I had climbed when I had first come with Fai. The fourth person shook her head and stood beside me, I titled my head in question. The girl tapped her head and closed her eyes, before opening her green orbs and pulling out her weapon.

I nodded understanding that she was to protect me as I contacted the others. I closed my eyes and reached out to find the mind that had contacted me only minutes earlier. My mind suddenly felt a familiar mind however the link was distant and it felt like it could disappear with a single touch. My mouth hardened into a straight line as I wiped all other thoughts from my mind and focused on the mind. Slowly, but surely, the link grew stronger and sturdy. We have reached the wall and commenced climbing, I told the dragon who went by the name of Zenith. I felt acknowledgment enter my mind and I let the link go.

My eyes opened and I rested my hand against the wall feeling that my energy had been sapped from me. I shook off the energy loss and nodded at my protector who had a worried expression on their face. At the same time the two of us started climbing. It was slow going and I found my hands becoming slick with sweat and making it hard to find a grasp the further I got from the ground. At one point I looked up, managing to not to fall and spotting the ledge a few metres in front of me.

I stretched one arm out up and to the side of me, grabbing a hold I moved my left hand a tiny bit higher to get a better position. Gripping with my hands as hard as I could, I lifted my right leg up and into one hole. Using my hands and foot I pulled myself upwards and left my left leg dangling in the open air. Once I had pulled myself up sufficiently enough that I wasn't stretching my arms too much, I placed my foot on a large bump that I'd spotted earlier. I continued this until I reached the ledge, upon reaching the ledge I was helped up by the others.

We exchanged grins of happiness and joy, I once again closed my eyes and reached out for Zenith's mind. Zenith was a blue-green male dragon who said that he'd dreamed of escape and finding his rider, Sly. Although he'd mentioned that he wasn't sure whether Sly would want to be his rider, considering that if he hadn't been a rider he wouldn't have had to go through hell and back due to Zenith. I mentally slapped myself and cleared my mind once more, thinking too much could get me killed at the moment.

We have reached the ledge and are commencing to make a bridge. I said, as I pointed at two girls in my group who lifted their hands and pointed at the empty space in front of us. I could see them, the girls, whispering words to themselves but couldn't make the words out, I shivered as a tingling feeling came over me. I watched in wonder as the solid, jagged rock that marked the end of the platform slowly smoothed out and started lengthening and growing from thin air.

I watched in awe as the rock grew from thin air and joined onto the bridge, soon the bridge was complete and we were left with two tired earth users and three awe bound riders, including me. It is currently 8 and a half hours night time, please tell group two to commence.