Battle Plans

Cool gif thingy... Thought some people might enjoy it. Reference to Eragon/Inheritance spoken about in the author's note.

Recap:

"Very well, that gives me a forty-nine strong force to attack, what do you reckon Vax? Think we can work with that?" Jay questioned, glancing at Vax next to her.

"You're versing a two hundred strong army, choose wisely." Vax replied in a warning tone, Thea and Storm exchanged glances in bewilderment. "Then again they have dragons, which brings the total to seventy three and there's about ten at the camp... Giving you eighty-three but it all depends on the battle itself. I suppose there's only one way to find out."

"I guess we'll have to do it then," Jay replied before turning to the crowd of dragons and their riders. "You will prove your loyalty by helping us win our next battle."

End Recap

Thea's POV

"Excuse me, what are you talking about?" I questioned.

"Well –" Jay began before Storm interrupted.

"We, the dragons, are quite hungry and I'm sure our riders are to. We have travelled a long way in a short amount of time with little rest. Let our leaders speak for us and discuss the plan. Let the other riders sleep after a meal, and let us, the dragons, hunt and rest." Storm said using my body to speak.

I shook my head as I regained control over my vocal chords, tongue, and mouth. "What Storm suggests is a good idea, I'm sure Charlie agrees." I said turned to face Charlie who nodded.

"Very well," Jay said, "Vax take care of the riders, I'm sure the dragons can look after themselves. Dragons stay out of sight. If you two want to come with me, I'll show you the plan."

Jay turned around, and I quickly followed her towards a semi-large tent. Inside the tent lay a table with seats around it, around the edges of the tent lay chests filled with scrolls, weapons, and armour. Jay grabbed a scroll that was already on the table and opened it. Jay placed an item on either side to stop the scroll rolling up, while I looked at it. The scroll was a map of Radon; I could see the capital and all the other towns and villages. Most of the map was marked except for the north-eastern tip, which was blank except for where the coast line was.

Jay tapped a spot on the map and drew my attention to it. "Vestus is the village we next plan to capture." Jay told us, "Except it's hard to get to and moving our forces over there will surely be noticed. On the eastern side of the village, you have the Saruf River, which comes, through the Simis desert and eventually to Drekia. On the north side of Vestus you have the Tiel Lake, which Saruf River pools into. On the south and western sides, you have man-made meadows. Currently, we have a camp nearby that are training grounds for newbies. They currently have ten."

"What does this have to do with us?" Charlie asked when Jay paused.

"Well we're currently here," Jay said tapping a spot in a giant forest at the bottom of the map. Jay moved her hand to about halfway up the map, "We need to get here and fast to avoid attention. The route to travel would be coming out through the forest by heading west, sticking to the boundary of the forest before heading to Riel. From Riel you'd head in a northeast direction, cut through this giant meadow and across the Warix River twice. You'd then get to the edge of the desert. Go east along the edge of the desert, creeping inwards to get to the Igir oasis. From Igir you can head straight east to find the Saruf River, which will lead you up to the VoP camp and Vestus."

"That'd take a lot of work and time to get a force up there," Charlie muttered as he scanned the path. "You'd be moving quickly for over a month on horseback."