Chapter 49

Quick note before we start: 

I started this fic almost 2 years ago, and it's grown a lot past the cover and title I made up at the beginning. The image above is a new cover/title I'm thinking of using (I don't own the art). Thoughts? Please, I need your feedback!!

Trigger Warnings: swearing, getting thrown out of a jewelry store for unknown reasons you get to make up or ask me about and I'll give you a different answer every time

Word Count: 1156

"HOLD THE FUCK UP!"

"Virgil my calmest friend-"

"You want me?! Instead of your fucking twin?!"

Janus rolls his eyes. "Virgil sit down." Virgil huffs but sits back down. "Thank you. Now, what's so wrong with me wanting you to walk me down the aisle?"

"Um let's see, you have a twin who should be doing that, you have better potions than me, you need someone calm and not panicking to walk you down and I'm like the opposite of that, Remy would be a good choice-"

"And I'm going to stop you there because now you're just grasping at straws. We both know Remy would never let himself be part of a wedding unless he was the groom or was embarrassing the rest of us. I can be calm for the both of us, though you were pretty calm at everyone else's weddings so I don't see your problem. I do not have better options, I have friends and family that are equally thought about for this role. As for Patton," Janus smiles. "Logan came to us with an idea he wants to do-"

"Is he finally proposing?"

"Well way to ruin the vibe, but yes he is."

"Oh I see, you want him to be a groomsmen instead, so Logan's plan can work."

"Exactly! And I mean, none of us have actually used our twins to give us away, so why stop now? Besides, who else can I trust that can also beat up Remus if needed? I have a dress to maintain."

"I see how it is, you just need a bouncer because you'll be too obsessed with keeping your dress all nice and clean," Virgil teases.

"I mean, if you're offering?" He gets a flick on the forehead for that. "Rude."

"Well then I accept your invitation to give you away, so ha!"

"My plan worked perfectly."

Virgil rolls his eyes. "Whatever dude. Who're your groomsmen?"

"Patton and Thomas."

"Niiiiice. And Remus?"

"He's hovering between asking Remy just for spite, or Roman. As for groomsmen, Logan and either Roman, if Remy agrees, or Emile, if Remy declines."

"Hey are any of your work friends coming?"

"I- uh, well I'm not sure if they will. I'm inviting them in case they want to, but I highly doubt they'll come. Honor has them running missions while I'm out."

Virgil nods, thinking. "You just got off of crutches, so now you have about three months to get married, have a honeymoon, and flaunt the ring." He pauses, then looks at Janus. "Got a dress yet?"

"We have everything and Remus is just going to pick up the rings right now, while asking Remy."

"You think they'll be thrown out of the store?"

"Remy has better sense than to-"

Janus' phone rings and he stares at Virgil dead in the eyes. "If I pick up and it's Remus telling me they just got kicked out, we're picking up the rings ourselves." He picks it up and lo and behold, it's Remus. He puts him on speaker and answers, "Remus you better have the rings with you or else."

"We have the rings," Remus reassures. "We got kicked out after that part."

"I blame him!" Remy yells.

"Yes yes I'll mend relations with the store later, now why are you calling me if you did get the rings?"

"Oh um, I don't know."

There's sounds of a fight, then Remy's voice floods through the phone. "First, to tell you what happened Jan, and secondly, to say that I'm giving him away as long as I get as much coffee as I want."

"You drive a hard bargain," Janus laughs. "Virgil agreed without asking for anything."

"That's because Vee is a nice bitch while I'm a bitchy bitch."

"And I'm J's bitch!" Remus yells.

"You're a chaotic bitch Remus."

"And you're a lying bitch," Virgil jabs.

Janus sighs with a smile. "Alright, well thank you Remy for agreeing, I'll see you when you get home Remus."

~~~

Remus bought three outfits for his wedding: a suit much like his Sanders Sides one with poofy striped shorts and glittery black leggings like Spanish conquistadors but him, a giant black and neon green ballgown, and a very poofy all white wedding dress with pearls and ribbon and lace.

He'd ask Janus which one he should wear, but they agreed to go to the wedding shocked, so he can't do that. They agreed that the wedding theme would be simple, sleek, with chaotic colors that drew your eye but weren't awful, so that doesn't help at all. Maybe if he wore the black and neon dress over the white one over the suit? And then tore them off at random moments?

Nah, he wants to keep the outfit, it be sappy over and all that emotionally shit.

"Hey bro, you asked me to come over?" Roman asks, knocking on the door. "Thomas is raiding your fridge while Remy steals all for coffee, and Logan said he was coming soon so-" The doorbell's Phantom interrupts him. "That'll be him. So you wanna come out of there and tell us why we're here?"

Remus opens the door and grins at his brother. "Hey Ro!" he says. "C'mon, I need all y'all for this!" He tugs Roman into the living room, where he can see Thomas opening up a bag of chips and Remy sipping on his coffee on top of the counter. Logan's standing in the middle of the room, one second away from sighing. Perfect. "Hey everyone!"

"Hey!"

"Sup?"

"Hello Remus."

"Let's get right to the point," Remus says, letting go of Roman's arm. "I need to decide which outfit to wear to my wedding and you're gonna help me."

"Um, hold up, we have no idea what your wedding looks like," Remy points out.

"I know!"

"How are we to decide which outfit looks best without the context of the theme of the wedding?" Logan asks.

"It doesn't matter!"

"But-"

"Shhhhhhhhhh," Remus says, covering Roman's mouth before turning to the others. "I already have the feel of the wedding down so don't worry about that. The point is to find the one that feels the most me and looks the best on me."

"These outfits must be good otherwise I will 'walk out' on this," Logan snaps.

"Oh trust me, this is gonna be awesome," Remus promises, running back to his room. "Give me five minutes!"