Chapter 18

Thank you all so much for 700+ views!!!! Y'all are the best!!

Also sorry about the late chapter, stuff's been getting to me, not to mention school...

Trigger Warnings: murder case, court cases.

Word Count: 1176

Roman's phone pings, causing him to glance over at it from the new script for a possible role. Deciding that he's studied it enough for now, he reaches over and grabs it.

Thomas Protection Squad

A snek: Can everyone make a family meeting tomorrow night?

Emo Nightmare💜: yeah

Padre: sure kiddo! where at?

Nerd: My schedule is clear that night, when is it?

A snek: Me and Remus's home

Nerd: *Remus and I's

Nerd: Also, punctuation.

Weird Twin: start showing up at 5

I can make it! 

Caffeineeeeeeeeee: just checked w/ E, we're good to go

Nerd: *Just checked with Emile

Nerd: I cannot stress enough the importance of punctuation.

Emo Nightmare💜: stop trying Logan, language's changing to fit the times.

Roman shuts off his phone once the messages stop coming in, picking up the script and going over it again.

— - —

Roman drives himself and Virgil over to the house, parking behind Logan's car before they get out.

"So what'd you think this all about?" Roman asks as they walk up to the door.

Virgil just shrugs. "Who knows. Maybe they're getting married?"

All the color in his face drains out as Roman freezes at the door. Could they be? Are they seriously going to ruin his proposal next week?! 

"Hey Ro? Are you okay?" Virgil snaps him out of his thoughts.

"Hmm? Oh yes, just wondering if I'll get to be best man or not. Let's go in." He knocks on the door, the couple waiting only a few seconds before Dee opens the door. 

"C'mon in Disney and Emo," he greets as they come in, closing the door behind them as the two immediately go to the living room, where Remus and Logan are having a surprisingly deep conversation on the concept of capitalism. 

"Thanks Snake face," Virgil quips.

"Very nice Virgil, you made it up just now?"

"Just like your fashion sense?"

They stare each other down for a minute, then burst into laughter.

Logan sighs. "Needless to say Remus, while I cannot argue for capitalism, I do believe we would need some form of it, whether that be an exchange of some type of precious stone or back in the days of our long history where in our species bargained with animals and their pelts."

"Yeah but imagine a world where we just, made things and gave them to others without taking things from them. Like, I go to a store and just, take a bar of soap and leave. I owe nothing. Everyone who works does it to keep the world working and keep themselves busy and/or happy. A world where money doesn't control our lives... doesn't that sound epic?"