Chapter 53

Trigger Warnings: idk, nerves about changing styles?

Word Count: 1086

"Come my gay flock!" Roman yells. "I have Starbucks and donuts!" Remy runs to Roman while Logan groans. "I also have two scones for you Mister No Fashion!" Logan groans louder. "And Crofters!" Logan sprints to Roman.

Emile laughs next to Roman as the group eats. Patton, Thomas, Janus, and Virgil are heading to Janus' doctor's appointment then Patton's suit fitting, while Remus goes to work and the rest of them force Logan to actually consider something other than a plain black and white tux.

"Alright my gay darlings," Roman says. "We're going to see my friend and the only thing any of us need to worry about today is making the nerd feel pretty."

"I insist that I can get my own suit," Logan argues as he eats from a Crofters' jar. "There is no need for all of you to-"

"Logan, babes," Remy interrupts. "I love you, but remember that you're allowed to wear a skirt, okay? Also, it's tradition."

"Neither Patton nor I are the bride," Logan dryly points out.

Remy makes a shooing motion. "Never said you were."

"But brides traditionally are the ones who are accompanied to buy their wedding garment ."

"Never said it was a societal tradition," Remy laughs. "C'mon Lo, we're going to have some fun. Get chaotic, get wild, give into our impulses!"

Logan groans louder as he spoons more Crofters into his mouth. Roman and Emile laugh.

~~~

The shop is just as Emile last saw it, drowning in racks of clothes of all colors and sizes and shapes, all organized into a bright rainbow by an unknown method. "What was the dude's name again?" Remy asks.

"Dice, Dice Critic. He's famous for being a critic, even changed his last name to fit it, and is very OCD, rumors say he started this to help with it," Emile answers.

"Oh that's rich," the owner's voice snaps, Emile straightening his back. Dice yelled at him enough the last time he was in the store. "Well hello there," he says, walking up to them, dark blue scarf perfect as always. "Roman, eyeliner's on point for once but you need to watch the reds, it blends too easily into the rest of your clothes. Emile, finally got that posture fixed I see. Still need to fix the sweater vest thing, you look like a middle age drama teacher. Two newbies I see." He looks them up and down. "The bitch is fine, though they really need to lay off the coffee. The nerd one," he sighs, "well he does have a good sense of self at least, better than some of the ones I've seen. Now, why are you here?"

Remy smirks as Logan blinks and Roman laughs. "Good to see you too Dice. We're here to get Logan, the nerd, a wedding outfit because he thinks a black tux will work."

"Hmm, I can work with him, if he doesn't faint," Dice sighs. "And the bitch?"

"My husband, Remy," Emile replies.

"Ah, the one who kept talking about." He sizes up Remy again. "I approve, good looking and grounded in reality, opposite of you but it works. Alright, come along, I have a room open for you. I'll pull some stuff, we'll work on it from there." He spins on his heel and slaughters away. "And step lively!" He calls out over his shoulder. "We don't have all day!"

"So," Remy comments as they follow Dice, "he's actually fun."

Emile laughs. "Yeah, he is."

"And Roman's friends with him?"

"I don't quite understand it either, but I think it's like Janus, Remus, and Virgil."

"Ah, just two bitches being bitchy and judgy without going full Mean Girls on each other?" Emile nods. "Niiiiiiice."

"Alright," Dice snaps, stopping in a room with a side door and an almost full circle mirror. "Everyone stay here. You," he points at Logan, "favorite color and your partner's favorite color."

"Dark blue and light blue," Logan replies immediately.

"Theme of the wedding?"

"Professional with small homey touches."

"Suit, dress, or a mix?"

"I- uh, I do not have a preference."

Dice nods. "Lace?"

"Perhaps, if it feels right."

"Stay here, I'll pull enough to get us started." They scatter across several of the couches, Emile leaning into Remy's side as he watches Logan fidget. Dice is a lot to handle, it's who he is, but Emile thought it wouldn't ruffle Logan this much.

"Logan? You okay?"

"Hmm?" he glances up, away from his cuffs which are almost ironed with how much he'd been creasing them into place. "Oh yes, I am quite alright." Remy buzzes like a gameshow's wrong answer sound. Logan huffs indignantly.

"If you're worried about Dice, I can ask him to try and tone it down a little," Roman says. "I know he's a lot to people who don't deal with him a lot."

"No, no he is not the issue," Logan sighs. "I do not feel, how you say, comfortable, with the idea of changing my style. I have my suits for work and the public, then I have my home and family clothes. Trying something new for one of the biggest days of my life feels... wrong."

"Logan, if I made you uncomfortable," Roman starts.

"No, you didn't," Logan cuts in. "I would have been more firm in my refusal if this was terrible. I just- I am both excited and nervous about this, not to mention the fear that if I stray out of my style it will backfire."

"Well one, it wouldn't because I made it," Dice says from the doorway. "And two," he pulls out a long rack with about thirty options, "we have the peanut gallery of idiots to be your audience, so there. Better?"

Logan offers a small smile. "Yes, that does ease my mind somewhat. Thank you."

"Whatever," Dice rolls his eyes. "I have a couple suits, couple dresses, and a couple mixes in here. We're gonna have you try them on, see how they feel, see how you feel, and then we're gonna list your likes and dislikes on each of them. Once we're done, I'll have a list of stuff you like and stuff you don't like, so then we'll get into the fun part: putting it all together." Dice grins as he slides the rack over to the side door. "So, grab one of them and get into it, cause you're not getting out of here for a while."