Something I Really Didn't Want To Do

I'm pretty sure only one of you reading know what's been going on with me this past week, so I think it's time to bring a lot of stuff to light.

As you all know, I'm Ink (or Quill) and I'm the author of this fic. On June 5th, my dad went into the hospital for a stroke he began having that Friday night. He's been stabilized and is now in a rehab center to get physical, speech, and occupational therapy; at this time I have no idea when he'll be back home but once he is he will haven't home therapy to go to and will be unable to drive for 3 months. 

In addition to this, my mental health has been in a steady (okay more like a sharp plummet) decline since about two or three weeks before school ended. Many of my friends and fam&partner have recommended that I talk to my parents about getting tested for depression/talk to a therapist, which I'm really starting to consider as it's gotta bad.

Along with this, my partner has pointed out to me that I've been viewing my updates more as a job than something I do for fun, because it makes me happy. They're a writer too, so trust me when I say that he gets it too and this isn't some controlling shit. 

So, with all this in mind, I've decided to take a step back and try to focus on myself. I won't stop writing, I don't think I could ever stop, but I won't be sticking as strictly to a schedule as I have these past few months and I may not even update until I've finished all the chapters. If I do have a chapter done, I may wait until I have a second chapter or I may wait to publish it until the next Sunday rolls in. Really, it's just going to be based on what I feel like doing, what I want to do instead of forcing myself to do it.

I ask you all to respect my decision and to be kind in the comments, please don't ask for me to update sooner or complain about how long it's been since I've published. It doesn't help motivate me, it honestly just makes me want to hide away from the world more. It is okay, however, to check in with me, aka how I'm doing, and/or ask if I know when I'm going to publish again, as long as you're kind about it. My mental health is my number 1 priority right now, not this fic, though I do love it.

I will be updating everyone on how I'm doing/where I'm at in messages, but otherwise I'll update you in a note at the top of any new chapter of there is one.