Chapter 14

Trigger Warnings: slight spoilers for The Black Cauldron, talk of suicide.

Word Count: 1063

Roman looks around the store, heading to the ring section.

"Hello sir, how can I help you today?" an older man asks.

"Do you have any male rings with gems? Specifically purple gems?"

The man brightens up. "Yes we do, glad someone's interested in them for once!"

He laughs. "Happy to be interested."

There are many beautiful rings, but one stands out to Roman.

"That one," Roman whispers, stunned. "That's the one."

"Wonderful sir! What size do you want?"

"10 please. Oh, and can I get that other one, the red one, also in a 10?"

"Getting yourself one too I see?" the man comments as he gathers up the requested rings

Chuckling, Roman replies, "He'd never let me drag him to a store for mine. If I want one, which I do, I gotta get it myself."

Smiling, the man rings the two rings up. After paying, Roman walls out with a small white plastic bag, carrying two very important boxes.

He hides the little black velvet box in the bottom of his dresser under some old blankets and the red velvet box in his closet when he gets home. 

Then Virgil calls. 

"Well hello my chemically imbalanced romance!"

"Hey Princey. We still on for date night?" 

"Uh, like you even need to ask?!"

Virgil laughs and it melts Roman's heart. It's so pure and innocent you wouldn't know how much he's gone through unless you'd been through it with him. "Alright, but I'm warning you, it's chimichanga day so don't expect me to be sharing."

"You never share anyway."

He practically hear Virgil sticking his tongue out at the phone. "Rude."

"Accurate."

"Whatever Princey. You'd better be here by 5 because I'm starting the movie marathon with or without you."

Roman dramatically gasps. "You wouldn't!"

Virgil cackles. "Oh I would!"

Glancing at the time, Roman quickly calculates how much time he needs to get ready and get there. Twenty minutes needed and he has twenty five. It's going to be tight. "Alright alright, I'll be there soon. Love you JD-elightful."

"Love you too Princey."

After hanging up Roman dashes around his room, quickly changing into a red and white t-shirt with worn light blue jeans. He adds a red flannel around his waist in case it gets brisk and then rushes into the bathroom. Some touch up on his contour, re-applying his golden eyeshadow, and by the Fairy Godmother herself what happened to his mascara!? 

Once his mascara is back to it's beautiful glory Roman jumps into his car and drives over to Virgil's house.

"Two minutes to spare Princey, nice job," his boyfriend greets him with from the living room.

Dramatically falling on to the couch next to Virgil, Roman kisses his cheek. "Love you too."

They eventually settle into a side by side seating, to make eating chimichangas while watching the movie easier. 

"So," Roman starts as the movie hits a slow spot, "what'd you do all day?"

"Oh you know, finished a scene in my newest book then spent the rest of the day going through social media. We have a ship name now, you know."

"Really?"

"Yeah, prinxiety. Prince, because a) you played a prince in the most famous gay movie of all time and b) because that's your fans' nickname for you."

"And what, they've started calling you Anxiety?"

"Yep," Virgil confirms, popping the p.

"For your actual anxiety or because you write a lot of anxiety-ridden characters?"

"I think it's both."

"Hmm, prinxiety... but Rogil or Viroman sound so nice..."

They manage to keep a straight face for three seconds before bursting into laughter. 

"Can you" wheeze "imagine?"

"I know right?!"

"I mean they're not bad, but I'd rather a nicer ship name, ya know?"

"If you're gonna be shipped at least have a good ship name, as I always say," Roman declares.

"You've never said that."

"Shhhhhhh black calutron."

"Ooo I like that one, great emo plot and one of the characters commits suicide."

"...what?"

"You know, that one character kills himself."

"Virgil, it's a Disney movie. No one commits suicide in a Disney movie!"

"Gugri does."

"No he doesn't! He jumps into the cauldron because he thinks he's the throw away character!"

"Yeah, into certain death! Willingly! I'd call that suicide."

Roman opens his mouth to argue, then thinks thinking about it from Virgil's point of view, and gasps. "Oh my Disney!"

Virgil smiles. "See what I mean?"

"Poor Gurgi! He... and in a Disney movie..."

Rolling his eyes at his dramatic boyfriend, Virgil grabs their used plates and stack them in the sink. Dishes are a tomorrow problem. He returns and changes to Maleficent, causing Roman to snap out of his re-evaluation of  Disney. The princely man wraps an arm around Virgil who curls up against him. 

They stay like that for the rest of the night, bringing out the fluffy blankets in the middle of Maleficent and falling asleep about three-quarter the way through Beauty and the Beast.

Roman wakes up briefly later that night and shuts off the TV. Gazing at Virgil, who's head is resting on Roman's shoulder, Roman carefully shifts them so they lay horizontally on the sofa. Virgil whispers softly in his sleep and moves so his ear lays right above Roman's heart. Smiling contently, the prince falls asleep holding his emo close.

What is up kiddos? I'm stressed, anxious, and, most importantly, BACK with an actual update!

Thank you so much for reading because we have reached 300 (and counting) views! It feels incredible knowing that so many people have taken the time to read this, especially because it's honestly pretty meh and is also my first fanfic for this fandom.

If there's anything you'd like me to change or any (constructive) criticism, please comment and tell me! I do use what you the reader says so it'd be great if you could tell me how to improve. Also if any of you could come up with some ideas as to what you might want in the next chapters that'd be great...